• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bootsandpaddles

Transfer Case Screaming After Snowy Hill

That's what I was most worried about. Fluid level and color look good.
  2. bootsandpaddles

Yes, when I pulled over and checked it out, it was no longer in 4wd.
  3. bootsandpaddles

Update: I took it into the shop and they can't tell what, if anything, is wrong. Fluids all looked good. Drove it and said transmission seemed fine. They listened to the transfer case while it was running on the lift in 4x4 and couldn't replicate the sound. I've had enough bad luck with...
  4. bootsandpaddles

Hey all, this morning I had to engage 4wd to get up a long snowy hill in my 2011 4.0L auto Ranger. It was engaged for ~5 mins and I never went above 30 mph. When I got to the top, I smelled something burning. I pulled off, jumped out to check things out, and noticed a loud, high pitched whine...
  5. bootsandpaddles

New guy - 2011 Ranger

Hey all, new guy here. I'm looking forward to being an active member of this community. A little about me: I'm a 30 something ecologist who lives in Eastern Washington. I use my truck to commute to work, and I sometimes use it as my work truck. I also use it on the weekends for camping and ski...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad