• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JohnnyO

Dog track

I drove Sport Tracs for 15 years and in the Sport Trac world wheel spacers are popular. People found out that you want 1.5" spacers in front and 2" in the rear to make the tires even.
  2. JohnnyO

Can you be misdiagnosed with Diabetes?

Whole wheat has less carbs than white bread and rye has less carbs than whole wheat. Rye toast is my favorite for breakfast anyway.
  3. JohnnyO

What did you do to your 2019 and up Ranger today?

Not the Ranger but I changed the oil in the wife's Pacifica today. It has a belly pan that you do not have to remove, unlike my late father's Fusion. There was a stick poking out from one of the holes in the belly pan so when I finish with the oil I go to pull it out. As I pull it, it gets...
  4. JohnnyO

I might have missed the main point of your question, sorry. Can you be misdiagnosed? No. What can happen is that over a short term of bad diet and no exercise, normal people can have an abnormally high blood sugar and A1C. Just working your pancreas too hard. That's what they call...
  5. JohnnyO

Sorry for weighing in so late but I don't check into this end of the board very often. I was diagnosed with Type 2 about this time 7 years ago. A few folks in my family had it so it wasn't a big surprise. Fasting blood sugar was 450, A1C was 15.3. :oops: Doctor looks at the blood work says...
  6. JohnnyO

The bypass is always open at least a little bit. Not all oil always goes through the filter. As the filter gets more and more full of dirt and restricts more, the bypass opens more and more oil goes that way on the theory that unfiltered oil is better than no oil. For some engines you can get...
  7. JohnnyO

Couple guys on the Focus and Fiesta boards who claim to be engineers and sound like they know what they’re talking about said it’s not an issue with a positive displacement pump like an oil pump. Only might be a problem if you go a really long time between oil changes and the filter gets really...
  8. JohnnyO

So the 910 filters 50% of particles 35 microns and larger and the 400 filters 80% of particles 20 microns and larger and doesn't go into bypass until it hits a higher pressure. Sounds like a better filter. Google took me to a few Focus, Fiesta, and Mustang boards where people are using the 400...
  9. JohnnyO

Changed the oil. Walmart was out of FL-910S filters so I got an FL-400S since I read elsewhere that it's the same thread size, just a little bit longer. Might be a little easier to remove the next time. $5 rebate on 5 quart jugs of Valvoline Synpower right now.
  10. JohnnyO

Calisle Ford Nationals

Registered for the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA. 20% off, early registration discount drops to 10% after Jan. 3. June 1-4, 2023. Showfield is $70, camping a few blocks away is $60. Hotels nearby too. I go most years, it's a good time. www.carlisleevents.com
  11. JohnnyO

Not letting 55 degrees go to waste so I was outside on Dec. 29 at 9:30 pm washing my truck under the street lights. Which is 60 degrees warmer than it was this time last week. Truck was so filthy you didn't even want to touch the door handles to get in.
  12. JohnnyO

So my 63 year old mother decided she wants a truck.... help!

My 62 year old arthritic knees were kinda liking it.
  13. JohnnyO

So my 63 year old mother decided she wants a truck.... help!

I’d say Maverick since she’s short if the bed with an extender is big enough. Love my Ranger SC but the bed is awful high and I’m 6’1” and have to step on the rear tire to get into it. Unless you want to throw a Belltech lowering kit on right away. Not my truck, seen at the Ford Nationals in...
  14. JohnnyO

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus to everyone!
  15. JohnnyO

The boilers at my house and my mom's aren't shutting off. We leave the butter on the kitchen counter and this morning it wasn't soft. Tore my toast all to hell.
  16. JohnnyO

My cousin will miss the family Christmas Eve party. He has season tickets for the Steelers and will be at the game. I'm not so sure I'd do that even if I had tickets.
  17. JohnnyO

Yesterday and today is brutal. I closed our office yesterday since we didn't have much going on anyway and was officially "working from home". This means I leave my email up on my work laptop and watch TV. Shoveled my sidewalk and driveway and my mother's and couldn't feel my face.
  18. JohnnyO

Temp is -4, wind chill -27, tailgate damper is moving mighty slow.
  19. JohnnyO

Looking for a new used vehicle. Your thoughts...

I’ve had two, a Gen 1 ‘05 and a Gen 2 ‘08, both with the 4.0 V6. Gen 1’s are a little more truck- like and off-roady, Gen 2’s are a little bigger, more room in the back seat, and ride and handling is vastly better. They’re more of an Explorer with a pickup bed than a four door Ranger...
  20. JohnnyO

Ford CEO: Need Better Quality

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a42283857/ford-ceo-until-we-fix-quality-nothing-else-matters/?src=socialflowFBCAD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad