• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shran

Looking for a discount code.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=rockauto+discount+code
  2. Shran

Newer (90's) versus Older (80's) Ranger fuel economy

Waste of money. I acquired one and put it in my old race truck that had a fox body 302 HO engine in it. Made zero difference, it actually fell out of the ECM somehow during a race and got lost on the track. Couldn't even tell it was gone.
  3. Shran

Cost to rebuild engine and transmission

I got quotes of $1500-$3000 to rebuild my 2.3, that was 8 years ago. I'm guessing you will be on the high end of that at minimum, assuming your crank, rods, heads, etc are usable. More if they are not. Transmission - depends on the builder and if anything other than wear items need to be...
  4. Shran

conflict

I'm gonna invite @19Walt93 to this thread to shake a fist at y'all for your traction device terms. :c-n:
  5. Shran

conflict

R7 is not your axle code. 86 is. R is Radio Code
  6. Shran

Dog track

It reduces your turning radius. Most trucks you don't notice it, but GM pickups from the late 80's-mid 90's are the most obvious.
  7. Shran

Conversion kit?

I didn't see it on their website so I wasn't sure they made it. Either way, $800 is too much for a shifter... I think I paid half that for my JB twin stick 205 kit and their sales/support people are super cool. Behemoth has a terrible reputation too.
  8. Shran

Conversion kit?

I think it's a cool idea but my suggestion would be to come up with a cable or linkage setup that actuates the shift mechanism on an electric shift t-case and simply replaces the electric motor while giving you a shift lever at the same time. IIRC Behemoth Drivetrain? or some other place made a...
  9. Shran

Opinions on winch bumpers

Totally different (stock bumper vs stock bumper) but it would be easier to build one that interchanges between 89-92 and 93-up than it would be either of those and a 1st gen. FYI, 2nd gen frames are boxed at the front too. 3rd gen has crumple zones there so while they are "boxed", they are not...
  10. Shran

Points style distributor

That's correct, drop the Pertronix module in and go. I would not expect to see the DUI distributor anytime soon. From my understanding they are remanufactured ones that come from junkyards or core returns from parts stores...and if they're not getting any cores... they have nothing to rebuild...
  11. Shran

Points style distributor

I think if you have a Capri/Mustang II points distributor made by Bosch, this is the kit you need: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pnx-91862/make/ford/model/mustang-ii/year/1974 My buddy had a Pertronix module in his 302 and it worked great. The only bummer about them is the funky spark...
  12. Shran

Points style distributor

Ha. Sorry, I interpreted your question as "can I do this?" instead of "I've already done it and am having problems"........ Have you looked into a Pertronix points eliminator module?
  13. Shran

Points style distributor

Looks like you will need to find a 72-74 Mercury Capri or '74 Mustang II for a donor - or CARDONE 31966, CARDONE 31968
  14. Shran

Points style distributor

@Aimwell do you have a 2.8 or a 2.9? Your profile suggests a 2.9 but this is posted in the 2.8 section. That will make a difference in what you can use for a distributor.
  15. Shran

1987 2.9L to a 1991 4.0L

While I somewhat agree with gaz on using the donor wiring, be aware that moving the dash & steering column into the donor is not a simple task. Problem #1 is the firewall requires extensive modifications to make the 2nd gen column fit: Problem #2 is the pedal assembly supports the dash on...
  16. Shran

Wanted AL: Need 1990 XLT split-bench seat brackets

I don't have any but just FYI, you will need to specify if you need them for a single cab or extended cab. The brackets are different.
  17. Shran

Shop lift?

Yeah, pads not positioned correctly, usually, or weight shifting... think like you have a truck in the air and remove the rear axle from it. Huge amount of weight removed from one end. If your shop was built recently maybe you can get a hold of the builder. Otherwise you could drill a hole...
  18. Shran

No 5th or reverse - 1989 5 speed manual trans

By "pads" I meant the surface of the shift fork that touches the slider... they are not a separate part. Just wanted to clarify. I usually get M5OD parts on eBay, RockAuto, Cobra Transmission, couple other places. Often have to search around a bit to find exactly what I need. If you need to...
  19. Shran

Opinions on winch bumpers

Then you just move the weak point further down the frame or to your welds. 3/16 is plenty thick for our trucks if the bumper is designed appropriately. 1/4 is way overkill unless you are using the entire thing for a skid plate. I guess the point I am getting at is it's more important to...
  20. Shran

Shop lift?

I've put a couple of them in for friends, I don't recall what brand though. Easy enough to install, just square it up and bolt it down (assuming you have sufficient concrete.) IIRC they needed 220v power to run the hydraulic pump. Personally I think it would be cool to have one but I've gone...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad