Search results

1. Bgunner

Need a metal workers opinion on what to use.

Project: Custom fog light brackets on a 94 Ranger 2WD, 1: What thickness sheet metal should I build this out of? I was thinking 16 gauge but am not sure as I have never used this thickness. My concern is after the lights are mounted the surface that the light mount to will have some deflection...
  2. Bgunner

93-94 Ranger Parking Brake Cable Route

My issue is that my right side rear cable is rubbing on the leaf springs and shock. (see pics) Now because I have been doing work on this section of the truck I would like to put it back to its stock installation position/ish. I'm not sure the of way the factory route this particular cable...
  3. Bgunner

Opinions on which leaf springs to purchase.

As I was throwing some rattle can paint at my frame I noticed both of my second leafs were broke. I believe I have desided to just replace all the leafs and not rebuild them, to try to prevent having to tear them down again to replace the others when do go. My question is "Which brands have...
  4. Bgunner

Common causes of dim dash brake light?

94 Ranger XLT, stock brakes. Yesterday my brake light on the dash came on, but very dim, and stayed on. I'm hoping you guys here have seen this issue before and know the most common causes of the very dim light? I do know a bad ground will cause this so tomorrow, when it is not raining, I will...
  5. Bgunner

Wiring diagram for wiper motor 94 Ranger XLT

So I went out and dug out my truck today and went to wash the windshield and my wipers stopped in the up position and wont move on there own now. My pissers still work and if my understanding is correct they are on the same circuit so no blown fuse... I think? I'm thinking a bad wiper motor but...
  6. Bgunner

How to tell if there is a restriction in the exhaust using a vacuum gauge?

I have read the "How To" on vacuum but it does not mention what the vacuum gauge will read and do if there is a restriction in the exhaust, like a plugged cat. What should I be looking for to tell if I have an issue with exhaust restriction? :icon_confused: current test results: Idle: 18 Hg...
  7. Bgunner

Changing the belt tensioner issues

When I bought the truck the belt squeaked due to the tensioner not working properly so I lubed it and worked it and it lasted about a year more. Since the major repairs are done I can afford to change the tensioner now so I picked up a ULTRA-POWER 419201 tensioner but there is a difference...
  8. Bgunner

Purpose of doing a wet compression test?

I have finally collected every thing I need to do the compression tests on my 94 3.0L w/ 147,xxx and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. The first being: What is the purpose of doing a wet compression test? I know I am supposed to look for a large difference between...
  9. Bgunner

Need heat tape/insulation for evaporator box.

So I walk out my door today and noticed some of the insulation from around my Evaporator box was in a neat pile under the motor of the truck. Squirrels are at it again, looking for nesting material. I have never seen this on a shelf in any auto part store and am wondering where to get this...
  10. Bgunner

Look for the next step/s in the diagnosis process.

Lets start with the vehicle first shall we: 94, Ranger super cab, 3.0L, manual transmission, Stock suspension and drive train, Code 84: 7.5″ rear axle open with 3.45 gears, 146,xxx miles. No CEL Issues: Shaking while under heavy load, climbing hills, in first gear with RPM's between 1000...
  11. Bgunner

How to tell which fuel injector is giving issues?

Ok here's the issue and related parts replaced, due to other issues. I have an intermittent skip on my 94 3.0L which it had when I bought it and so far have tracked it down to being a fuel delivery issue and here is how: replaced coil with Accel Super Coil for a hotter spark, replaced...
  12. Bgunner

Brake pads are rattling/Proper anti-rattle clip installation

I changed out the front pads on my 94 2WD 3.0 ranger and I am now getting pad rattle from them so I feel really stupid for asking these questions but the answers are need to know to stop it. When I removed the driver side there was no anti-rattle clip installed and the passenger side clip and...
  13. Bgunner

Is there a special tool for AC lines?

SO, I charged my system last night and today I found that the high side valve is leaking so I must change the line due to Fords infinite wisdom use of the ball style schrader valve. Is there a special tool to remove the connection clips? Or is like many other connections that a little prying...
  14. Bgunner

Installing key in ignition warning chime

Has anyone installed a key in the ignition warning chime into a 93-94 ranger? I ask because I keep locking my keys in the truck :bawling: and it is getting annoying and I'm wonder what needs to be done to install one. Is there a retrofit kit for this, do I have to swap out the steering column...
  15. Bgunner

Silly Diff Cover Seal Question

I have a 94 Ranger with the 7.5" rear end in it and my question is kind of silly but I just want to be sure of this before I go and do it. My diff cover seal is starting to leak, just a little moisture on the bottom, but whom ever did the seal the last time used RTV sealer instead of the gasket...
  16. Bgunner

Rear Drums 9" for Bronco II and Ranger for sale

I ordered the wrong size drums (9") for my ranger :bawling: and am looking to sell them for what I paid, minus shipping cost and paint cost since I painted them with Gloss Black caliper paint. They have been re-oiled and placed back in the bags and duck taped closed to prevent rust. I would...
  17. Bgunner

What components are needed to add factory fog lights?

I have a 94 Ranger XLT 2wd and have been wanting to add the factory 4wd fog/driving lights to the front along with the valance panel. I know the wiring is already there and I know I need to get the switch, the dash face with the hole for the switch and the relay for the fuse block under the hood...
  18. Bgunner

Need help with wiring for ECU temp sensor

I am in the middle of changing the ECU temp sensor because of a hard start when warm issue. My problem is When I ordered the sensor on line from Rockauto.com I made sure the sensor I ordered was the one that had the round connector and not the squared one but I got the squared one, with the...
  19. Bgunner

RABS Code 4, need help figuring it out

I have a 94 Ranger XLT super cab 4x2 with the ABS light on. I pulled the code and I get a code 4 but searching the internet I can not find a list of what the codes mean. As far as I can tell this code means "RABS valve switch closed or open dump valve." This information was taken from a 91...