• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fuel pressure overwhelming carb...

Hey fellas, i did get my 363 stroker running (88 that was a 2.9L)....new in tank (low pressure unit), new rail mounted high psi pump....that all comes to a head at a Holley 12-845 fuel pressure regulator. Unfortunately, it will only bring the pressure down to around 10ish PSI...the Quick Fuel...
  2. 2G to 3G confusion.....

Ok fellas, so i unsuccesfully installed my 3G alternator as it is not charging. Then i believe i found out why. I think i spliced into the wrong wires as i found the old alternator harness off of the 88 in the bed (302 conversion and engine bay was stripped).... I have the green/red wire on the...
  3. Fuel pump woes...

Hey fellas...88 Ranger, originally 2.9L, now 5.0 CARBED. If i turn key to ON, fuel pump will prime system and carb to the 6.5psi needed for the carb (i am using a Holley pressure regulator as this system, as you know, also has the high pressure pump. Problem is system wont maintain...
  4. 3G wiring confusion.....

Ok guys, truck is an '88 2.9L....the stock alternator "D-shaped" plug has 2 wires, one that is green/red striped and the other that is BLACK/YELLOW STRIPED. The only info online i can find, including schematics, is that this black/yellow striped wire is "supposed" to be yellow/white. I dont...
  5. Space for a trans cooler?

Im using a V8 swap radiator that sits inside the support now. Do i have any room in front of it for a trans cooler? Wont it be in the way of the grille now? I feel stupid asking this question, seems like common sense.
  6. C4 fluid capacity?

So i have added ONE quart to the torque converter.....and THREE quarts to my case fill C4....and fluid is already dumping all over my garage floor. Doesnt the C4 take like 10 quarts? Truck isnt running yet, but thought I would add fluid because its one less thing to do when I start her up...
  7. Need help wiring A4LD to C4 NSS....

Ok, so this site says this...... "Neutral Safety Switch: The wiring for the NSS goes like this. From the original A4LD harness. Take the red/lt blue striped wire, and splice it to one of the red/lt blue wires on the C5 switch. Take the Pink and red/white striped wires and splice them to the...
  8. 302 remote oil filter location?

Any ideas? I dont see anything obvious. Right to the frame and behind the drivers side front tire?
  9. MSD 6AL ignition pics/mounting ideas?

Getting ready to mount and attempt to wire up my MSD....there is no flat surface on the passenger side inner fender to mount her like i want. Anyone have any ideas?
  10. Connector identification???

Anyone have any idea what the green wired connector is? It has 12V key- on only. 88 2.9L
  11. 1988 2.9L neutral safety switch?

Ok...so...88 2.9L...363 stroker, C4 tranny....putting original harnesses back in (i had them out to paint engine bay and firewall). Was originally A4LD. Replaced computer per V8 swap sites, i.e. James Duff, for one for a manual transmission since C4 has no electronic inputs besides NSS. I...
  12. 88 Ranger, need harness/relay pics!!!

So apparently no one in the 2.9L wants to help heh....all im looking for is pictures of the electrical harnesses on both the drivers side and passengers side fenderwells (especially the starter relay)....im in the middle of a 302 conversion...i removed the harnesses about 10 years ago and cant...
  13. Anyone willing to take pictures???!!!

So i removed my wiring harnesses about 10 years ago from my 88 Ranger and am in the process of putting them back after a 302 swap is in progress. Specifically the battery to starter solenoid, the starter solenoid and the relays in front of it. Basically the whole passengers side fenderwell...
  14. Trans line bung size???

Guys im running AN fittings and braided cooling hose off of my C4.....does anyone happen to know what the bolt size/pitch is on the radiator for the cooling lines so i can convert them to AN??? I dont know what i need. Thanks!!!
  15. Wanted AC/Heater Box for 1988 Ranger

Anyone have one laying around?
  16. C4 shift linkage won’t move...

Guys i noticed I cannot really move the shift linkage on the side of my C4...is this normal? Thought I should be at least be able to move it from foward, reverse etc. manually, i.e. click through the gears like on a transfer case. The transmission is out of the vehicle and is a fresh rebuild...
  17. 2.9L grounding strap location?

Guys, does the 2.9L use a grounding strap from the back of one of the cylinder heads to the firewall? If so, where on the firewall? Been away from project for years now and forgetting basic stuff
  18. 1988 factory floor shifter with C4?

88 Ranger....anyone know if there is any way to use the factory floor shifter with the C4? Original trans was the a4ld. Don’t know if I need to go aftermarket or not. Thanks!
  19. Photobucket pictures blurry?

New IPad, and anytime I view photobucket pictures exclusively they are blurry. Any ideas on how to correct this?
  20. 4WD linkage not long enough after body lift...

Ok, so I installed a 2” body lift on my 88 Ranger years ago. It has sat as a project for some time and I’m starting to work on her again. Problem is, the 4WD linkage attached to the floor shifter is now too short to reach the shift lever on the Borg Warner 1350 transfer case....it is a manual...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad