• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. need a good 89-92 2.9L

My current 2.9L is done. I'm looking for a good used 89-92 2.9L that I can install in my B2. Anyone with info please forward it to my gmail. nelsonvenice@gmail.com. Thanks!
  2. Another SC3.8 into 86 2.9 4x4 thread!

Advance Adaptors makes an adaptor so you can use the 3.8 and tranny. You will likely have to make new drive shafts. That's not so hard.
  3. Need 2.9L

I'm looking for an 89 or 90 2.9 in very good running condition.
  4. exhaust manifold bolts

Gaz, I found a source but I need to confirm sizes before I buy them. This is what I got from Bronco Corral M8 1.25x75 (8), 1.25x50 (3), 1.25x 30 (1) Can anyone here confirm those sizes?
  5. exhaust manifold bolts

I'm replacing the heads on my 87 2.9L V6 and I need new exhaust manifold bolts; complete set left/right. Anyone know where to get these buggers?
  6. For Sale 1986 Bronco 2 Plus

It's only collectible if it's in demand. I just don't see that with this B2. Kinda like the Edsel; rare, collectible, but who really wants one? Duffy is right, it's butt ugly. With that heavy top it must ride like a giant turd. But somehow it's growing on me.
  7. Weird Anomaly last friday coming home

I pulled my cat and it was black. I read that this symptom indicates a clogged air filter and/or leaking, defective fuel injector(s)
  8. Weird Anomaly last friday coming home

I found a shop with techs that have that equipment. Only thing is they want my B2 for a month.
  9. Weird Anomaly last friday coming home

I had one tech say the motor is shot. I need a new short block. WTH? Most techs are just throwing darts. It's hard to find someone who knows this motor.
  10. Weird Anomaly last friday coming home

I have the same problem. On a slight hill I cannot get past 2000 rpms in third gear. New tank, both pumps and filters 45psi pressure.
  11. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

I'll check with Austin at Advance Adaptors and get back to you.
  12. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

If I wanted to swap in a 3.7 and also wanted a manual, what stock tranny would work w/o having to change the transfer case, etc.
  13. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

Advance Adaptors makes one for the 3.7 to a manual M5od.
  14. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

I'll check with Austin at Advance and get back to you.
  15. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

Advance Adaptors doesn't make an adaptor for the transfer case if I were to use the auto or manual that is mated to the 3.7.
  16. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

I have the stock 5spd manual in my '87.
  17. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

That's my concern also. I've been looking for an article on a stand alone wiring set up for the swap. I have an adaptor for the bell housing/tranny marriage and motor mounts. But the wiring, ugh!
  18. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

Thanks for the info. IYHO, do you think the 3.7 will fit in a Bronco II?
  19. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

The Cologne motor is a 90degree configuration and the 3.7 is a 60degree configuration.
  20. Ford 3.7L V-6: Anyone thought of this as a swap option?

I spoke to Austin at Advance and I read about the 3.7 vs the 4.0 on a mustang forum. Right now I'm trying to get info on the problems I may encounter with the ECM/PCM.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad