Search results

1. Bgunner

Need a metal workers opinion on what to use.

Thanks, now that you said that it make mores sense and less physical work to tack flat stock to it.
  2. Bgunner

I had found this one also, here on TRS, and put a link in one of my posts. While one bolt to the bumper bracket would hold the light like this guy did, my fist thought is, wont the angle iron turn shifting the light to one side a bit? I would have 2 easy options: 1. tack weld the angle iron to...
  3. Bgunner

My valance should be here on Wednesday then I will get my measurements to see if angle iron will work for me or if I have to put more thought into this bracket design. I've been thinking thicker also but this design does not need to match the factory bracket just get the light mount to the...
  4. Bgunner

On the outer edges it does. I have heavy paper sitting here and am going to make paper models of it first to be sure my design is sound. I also found this in my searching and was considering this as a replacement. My biggest concern is the light shaking from road vibrations because seeing head...
  5. Bgunner

I have yet to find them close. Where I'm located the junk yards don't hold on tho these anymore so they go to scrap quickly. I have searched eBay with no success and searched my area for them but my area is dry. I've wanted them since I got the truck 2 years ago and have been searching the hole...
  6. Bgunner

Yes! those are exactly what I am going to fab.
  7. Bgunner

OK 16 gauge it is then. I have a friend that has a brake that I believe he said will do up to 12 gauge, although I may be mistaken and he said 22, so that is the plan but being able to use 2x4's, a vice and BF-hammer is always a nice fall back if i remember incorrectly.
  8. Bgunner

I finally googled a pic of the factory brackets and this is what I have quickly come up with for a style of bracket, mind you this is not to scale or measurements done yet, that will come in the next day or so. All seems will be welded with my small mig.
  9. Bgunner

Project: Custom fog light brackets on a 94 Ranger 2WD, 1: What thickness sheet metal should I build this out of? I was thinking 16 gauge but am not sure as I have never used this thickness. My concern is after the lights are mounted the surface that the light mount to will have some deflection...
  10. Bgunner

Help name my mud truck

Half-Way-There? It's kinda missing half of the body so... Not to mention unless you throw a real set of mud tires on it you may only get "Half-Way-There" while mudding. (going by the pictures of course) EDIT: Dude!! Did you cut the rear of that frame? (y) Seems a bit short after the shackle...
  11. 20180706_161632 resided.jpg

20180706_161632 resided.jpg

1994 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab, 3.0L, 5 speed manual, 2WD, 3.85 open 7.5 diff/axle, Non powered interior with A/C.
  12. 20180706_161607 resized.jpg

20180706_161607 resized.jpg

1994 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab, 3.0L, 5 speed manual, 2WD, 3.85 open 7.5 diff/axle, Non powered interior with A/C.
  13. Truck pics for posterity and sharing the joy of DIY'ers

Truck pics for posterity and sharing the joy of DIY'ers

all grouped together.
  14. 352.jpeg

352.jpeg

When asking a friend to send you some pics of the truck you just bought but he's being a wise guy, you get this and a few other odd shots instead.
  15. 353.jpeg

353.jpeg

When asking a friend to send you some pics of the truck you just bought but he's being a wise guy, you get this and a few other odd shots instead.
  16. 354.jpeg

354.jpeg

17. 360.jpeg

360.jpeg

Shots of the body and the condition it was in when purchased.
  18. 361.jpeg

361.jpeg

19. 362.jpeg

362.jpeg

20. 20170720_151724.jpg

20170720_151724.jpg

Well... That curb rash had to hurt. It took out the tire also.