• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Roert42

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

When I was in tech school the carpentry teacher taught the kids how to walk an A frame so they didn't have to keep getting down and moving it. They would have ladder walking races in the parking lot with 10' ladders.
  2. Roert42

New tools you've bought recently?

I also have a three pack of the Kobalt 90tooth guys, straight handle. I like them, my go too. I have a 1/4" flex head that spent 5 years in a bag of sockets and the chrome is all chipped up and pealing. I also have a couple of their ratcheting wrenches, same problem. Seems that the chrome on...
  3. Roert42

What does Ford think the Maverick is for?

Smaller engines running at higher RPMS with twin turbos must generate a lot more heat. I can't imagine how they wouldn't.
  4. Roert42

Is there a bolt on steering fix, or fixes, for my TTB?

You could try and get a "reman" steering box, but you may have to try half a dozen before you get one that isn't too worn out.
  5. Roert42

Walker soundFX muffler?

From Walkers Website. OE-EQUIVALENT DIRECT-FIT DESIGNS FOR EASY INSTALLATION AND QUICK SERVICE BAY TURNAROUND Quality performance and acoustics 100% Aluminized material for longer life and quality appearance Internal design features two tubes/two partitions Looks like your run of the mill...
  6. Roert42

Biggest parts supplier around here had a fleet of 30/40 Hyundai eleantras? I think. Compact Hyundai sedan. Last time I drove by their warehouse I saw a fleet of grey mavericks sitting there waiting to get repainted in the company colors.
  7. Roert42

I've never really had too much issue with frame rust, most of the rust issues i've had were always body rust or suspension related. Except my brother '97 we got last year. Has some holes in the frame behind the shackles.
  8. Roert42

It's funny. My mustang had curse control, and in the years I daily drove it I think I used it once just for shits and giggles. F150 did not have it. '11 ranger has it. I will forget it's there for 6 months then start using it again and become addicted. I will use it while driving 300 feet...
  9. Roert42

Learning to use a pedal with Tig is a game changer, being able to vary the amps on the fly make welding Sheetmetal like child's play compared to everything else. I know a couple of guys that like to diel in the amps and just leave the pedal all the way floored. Fools. Since I only use it for...
  10. Roert42

This is the one we have at work. https://www.mcmaster.com/rivet-nuts/lever-style-rivet-nut-tools-6/ Normally McMaster Carr is a bit more expensive, but when I had to buy another one a few months ago, They were the cheapest I found. The first one lasted about 20 years, we recently had a new...
  11. Roert42

Will this differential fit in my 2 WD Ranger

Tone ring is a press fit, it is removable. If you buy a new carrier it wouldn’t come with the time ring.
  12. Roert42

Gearing

There is also a car-tech workshop manual on rebuilding a ford 8.8. I would suggest to get a copy of this to read through before hand, and have with you in the job. Was very useful on my first job.
  13. Roert42

Truckspotters

absurd, only the mighty 300 could have done that much damage with so little effort.
  14. Roert42

Truckspotters

You think any other engine could put out that much pure power. Likely not.
  15. Roert42

Truckspotters

Must be a 300, gotta be careful with those things.
  16. Roert42

Anyone electrifying?

The Amish around here will use Cellphones and Power tools in their businesses. Building barns, houses, furniture, ect. I suspect they draw the line at personal use. They consider it a religious issues to use utilize certain technologies that make things easier, like a zipper. They say it...
  17. Roert42

Need Sailboat Decor Ideas

Jackalope
  18. Roert42

Gearing

Since I don’t have a lift, I find it easier to pull the axel and work out of the truck. If they are not new you will probably need to replace the break lines at this point as well.
  19. Roert42

Gearing

-You’ll need the bearings, axel pinion, and carrier. - Pinion and axel seals. -new gear sets. -gallon or so 90w oil. For tools you will need. -Internal bearing puller for the axel bearings -External bearing puller/splitter for the pinion bearings. -dial indicator for measuring gear lash. -gear...
  20. Roert42

Oxygen sensors?

I think they normally last 100,000 or 150,000 miles before they wear out. At that rate, I would go with the OEM brand since it's not like you have to do it every couple of months.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad