• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '98 Ranger --> '05 Escape Seat Swap?

I don't remember if I made it clear that I swapped out the power drivers seat base/tracks for a manual set, so both sides are manual (but with seat heaters - unconnected). However, the trim piece on the driver's side is still for the power seat so it has all the power controls still. I've...
  2. Fiat 131 build

Did you acquire different body panels- I thought you'd already had these? Nice builds, by the way. I spent a couple hours yesterday going through the 54 pages of your Ranger build (Gorgeous), and this one I've caught some of the updates over the years. Is your day job as a mechanic, engineer...
  3. Smoking Room

In the US Residential Code the maximum for exhausting air is 400 CFM before makeup air is required, though this typically applies to range hoods. You could look into that online or consult an HVAC guy. A simple solution would be to crack that smoking room window slightly when you're running...
  4. 4.0 OHV V6 light performance "optimization" build

Nice, Utah geography is amazing. I've only done some of the zero-skill canyons (Spooky, Peek-a-Boo, Wire Pass, etc.,). But my 4.0 Ranger had zero problems on the 3K+ mile trip. Isn't it a little "warm" there most areas in July?
  5. A/C quits under heavy acceleration.

The temperature variable may be a separate issue from the blowing. I had the blowing issue and it's a fairly common problem it seems. https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/vacuum-line-mystery.188081/#post-1767920
  6. removing the Y pipe from a 4.0

I removed mine but it's been about 4 years ago now. I'm pretty sure the flange itself isn't threaded, but are the nuts welded to the flange maybe? Anyway, a reciprocating saw (sawzall) with a metal cutting blade should work on the top ones. It's just the bolts that hold it together, there's...
  7. What do you take to the Pull Yard?

I usually go with a purpose so I have an idea of what tools I'll need for the part(s) I'm getting. I keep a running list of parts I want in my phone so I always have it, and if its something where I can possibly use the part from multiple-years of vehicle I'll take a photo to help ID...
  8. For Sale 2000 Ranger

Hi jerkyboyxiii, do you have any more information about or photos of this truck? Is the frame bent? Is it still running/driving? Leaking fluids, etc.,?
  9. For Sale 2000 Ranger

How much are you asking? Or are you parting it out? NM, just saw you added the price. Are you located in Omaha metro?
  10. No blower motor under engine load

Sounds like the vacuum reservoir. I had to replace mine a couple years ago and it fixed the issue. https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/vacuum-line-mystery.188081/#post-1769221
  11. Breaking Bad.

BB is one of my all-time favorite series. I'd watch "El Camino" next. "Better Call Saul" is just as good as BB and might even turn out to be better after the final season. All have such great writing.
  12. What’s for dinner tonite!

Good call.
  13. remove y pipe from 90 4.0

When I replaced my engine a few years ago I used a reciprocating saw to cut the Y-pipe so I could get it out with the exhaust manifolds still attached. Once out, I was able to deal with everything a lot easier. Then I had a muffler shop weld it back together. One piece of advice if you go...
  14. 1999 Ranger 2WD XLT Will not Start Has Full Power......

What happens when you turn the key all the way- no cranking of the starter?
  15. What’s for dinner tonite!

Yep, same here. I'm making Chili and Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas instead of what had become my traditional Christmas meal of Prime Rib. For some reason this year Rib Roast up here in the #2 beef-producing state in the country is $9/lb. on sale, but where my sister lives in Arizona (#31...
  16. Windshield wiper not working, sort of...

My 1998 wipers are also malfunctioning. They work on high and regular, but the intermittent functions don't work, and also the washer has begun not working. I replaced the multi-function switch but still have the same problems. Additionally, I have had theft alarm and door ajar light...
  17. Driver side cv axle slipped out of hub

I recently replaced the front wheel hubs in my '98 4x4, which has not been extensively modified. The axle shaft retainer rings snap into a groove on the cv axle, and those rings are the very thing that should be keeping the axle from pulling out of the hub. It's telling that your axle came out...
  18. Center console/armrest button spring: 1999 b2500, 2.5, 60/40

I have bucket seats. If you don't get any better answers from someone with or who knows about that console you can go to a junkyard- U-Pull-It or whatever is nearby where you live- and look at one. The place I go costs $2 to enter. Chances are you can find one that works correctly, and then...
  19. '98 Ranger --> '05 Escape Seat Swap?

Alright, finally an update. Got the second seat in this morning and they are an amazing improvement over the original saggy seats. What I still need to do is find that plastic cover from a non-electric driver's seat as the ones I have were from the original power seat. It's not a huge issue...
  20. Front Oil Seal/Main Seal 1998 4wd

Hello all. I'm replacing the front wheel bearings/hubs in my '98 4wd. The passenger side hub was bone dry and rusty, and it appears to me that the oil seal/main seal (not sure of the official name) has failed. I've never worked on these before and am having a hard time finding useful info in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad