• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stamina

2.3L ('83-'97) oil passage hex plugs torque spec ?

there are, so far, 6 oil passage threaded hex plugs in the block and head, the 2 in the head are a bit smaller, 1 in the front and 1 in the back, and the block has 2 at the back left, next to the crank and 2 on the front in between the oil pump and crank sprocket, my question is since i am...
  2. stamina

Wanted 1 gen standard cab seat tracks

i have a set of seats and console from an explorer that are in great condition my truck is a standard cab and oringslly had a bench seat, was able to get the passenger side seat track from a 1991 but the driver side was rusted out completely trashed and the passenger side which i have and...
  3. stamina

output shaft spline

or get one from a mustang
  4. stamina

output shaft spline

if you’re looking for the manual transmission end yoke, which is exactly my situation that i had, got one from a 3.0 2000 extended cab AUTO, you need part #F6ZZ-4841-BA it is the correct yoke for the manual trans with the weird weight thing on it, i tried using the original slip yoke from my 96...
  5. stamina

Wanted pushrod 4.0 throttle body plastic trim

the one from the pictures, i’d be willing to give you $25 out the door and shipped, it’s small enough to fit in a small yellow mail package i believe, if you thinks it’s worth more let me know and we can work something out
  6. stamina

how much are you looking for? i live in NC
  7. stamina

can you install a camshaft while the motor is in the vehicle?

i have a 1990 ranger standard cab with a 4.0, by removing the grille, radiator, fan, and condenser is it possible to install a cam while the motor is in the vehicle?
  8. stamina

this is true, for the 2.9 throttle cover and the half plastic piece, but i actually like this one and the way it is shaped
  9. stamina

it is the older throttle body trim piece i am looking for, the later model throttle trim was a half size piece and had no text, will pay good dollar
  10. stamina

how do i make the tachometer work in my truck?

i found a connector in the engine bay next to the power distribution box, tan/salmon and yellow wire going to it completely by itself, i will be using that to supply tach signal, battery power and ground and only will be using it from the engine bay for the initial heat cycle and oil change...
  11. stamina

yes but those have already been figured out
  12. stamina

is the aFe Throttle body spacer plate worth it? does it do anything at all?

there is a throttle body spacer plate made by aFe for the pushrod 4.0 that claims "Silver Bullet throttle body spacers create turbulence in the air flow at the point just prior entry into the engine increasing horsepower, torque and improving throttle response and fuel efficiency. Silver Bullet...
  13. stamina

when i did the 4.0 swap i installed a 92 explorer engine harness and my truck is a 90 ranger so i left the dash harness in place. the connectors ended up being different and i tried a few things but nothing worked. as of the first time i ran my new motor, the tach did not work. i had oil...
  14. stamina

best a/c lines based on location

beautiful, thank you.
  15. stamina

best a/c lines based on location

on the 4.0 from 90-95ish there were two types of manifold a/c lines, one that ran in front of the intake plenum with a different drier which was unique to the 4.0 or one that ran behind the plenum just like the 2.9 and used the same drier/accumulator as the 2.9. based on working on the 4.0 in...
  16. stamina

Wanted pre 93’ 4.0 wiring harness.

came out of a 92 expolorer, only differnece is you will need the 92 explorer dash harness unless you can figure out how to rewire everything, fuse box is pinned differently and has different connector going into the cab, also there is a large connector that on th explorers that goes to the...
  17. stamina

started engine for the first time since swap and after i hooked the rest of the drive train up it won’t turn over

woodruff key held up very nicely, i think the timing chain gears are designed for the 5/8in keyway crankshaft and not the 1.25in, and so i cut the woodruff key to a 5/8in size and it’s perfect
  18. stamina

started engine for the first time since swap and after i hooked the rest of the drive train up it won’t turn over

gonna pull the motor again here soon and see what happened, in the process of first startup my buddy pulled the throttle cable from the engine bay and it volcanoed all of the water out of the system and the temperature spiked very quickly before i shut it off, by the time i hit the killswitch...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad