• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RhodesCD

1992 / 1999 4.0 Head swap

Those monitoring aspects like air intake temp are great, but wouldn't I still need to get a programmer for tweaking the pcm to take advantage of the compression change to 10:1 with the 422 comps cam, bbk throttle, heads ported & polish with expanded exhaust ports, jba shorty headers, upper &...
  2. RhodesCD

It's an older Street Smart Design with a carbon fiber shield box, air comes in from underneath, but it isn't totally sealed
  3. RhodesCD

Gas Mileage

That make sense Dirtman, i do get your point, thanks Mines an old street smart design which has a carbon fiber heat shield around it, it pulls air from the bottom of that. With raising my compression to 10:1, the 422 cam, BBK throttle body, shorty headers, head ported & polished with exhaust...
  4. RhodesCD

98 4.0 OHV Programer Recommendations ?

My Ranger is a 1998 4.0L OHV, 5-Start just does 2001 & up unfortunately
  5. RhodesCD

Did you have to send your PCM to them, what other MODs did you do, how much HP increase did you get & how much did it cost ?
  6. RhodesCD

How to build a 4.0 OHV for power, some limits and tips...

Any one have a recommendation on a programmer for max performance?
  7. RhodesCD

Any tips or notes on how to use the ford pcm software?
  8. RhodesCD

Does anyone have any '98 4.0L OHV Programer Recommendations for max performance ?
  9. RhodesCD

Did you also use a programmer after installing the SOHC MAF ?
  10. RhodesCD

PCM questions

I had found one on EBay for my '98 4.0 OHV
  11. RhodesCD

Does anyone have any input concerning a throttle body spacer for a 4.0 OHV?
  12. RhodesCD

Gas Mileage

I have the OHV 4/0
  13. RhodesCD

Gas Mileage

Everyone has an opinion, so what I do is to ask the questions & then test & evaluate for myself. Actual testing & results, are reality. But in this case, I would agree that it depends on the application of stock vs what your actually testing with. Here's an interesting read Performance CAI...
  14. RhodesCD

Gas Mileage

A cold air induction system could help, test pipes :) where your CATs are, a change in tire size & possibly a little more air pressure in the front tires could all help. And oh yeah, non-ethanol fuel by itself helped about a mile a gallon for my 98 4.0 ohv ranger
  15. RhodesCD

Gas Mileage

16. RhodesCD

Curious on how much intake air temp affects your performance & how that might be measured? Also I remember a MARCH RAM air I used to have with my '89 Mustang, it had an intake scope which brought in the air from underneath the car, wonder if there's anything like this for a Ranger?
  17. RhodesCD

Any thoughts in respect to using a MAF from a 4.0L SOHC (65mm) supposedly bigger, then the MAF on my 1998 4.0L MAF OHV? Would this work without a programmer? Does this make much of a difference in performance?
  18. RhodesCD

Good to know, I was just considering air flow, & not air temp, sounds like I probably do need to get the coned air filter back in a air box to get that temp back down. How did you go about getting a reading on the intake air temp ?
  19. RhodesCD

I already have the bbk throttle body in place with araide cold air induction but air box removed leaving an open cone filter. I've been thinking about a MAF meter from a 1999 sohc but don't know how much bigger it might be compared to my 98 MAF on my ohv, or how much difference it might make...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad