• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. holyford86

Free 88 2.9 and FM146

88 2.9 and 4x4 FM146, ran well before mice got to the wiring, local pickup in Chazy, NY or would be willing to meet you up to 3 hours from me if you wanted to cover gas for my travel. Trying to make space and clear out stuff I dont need, if I still have it by the end of September it's getting...
  2. holyford86

What are your thoughts on nylon fuel line

Did a 4.0 swap about 10 years ago and plumbed everything with rubber fuel injection hose, I've been thinking about replacing it with OE style nylon line and push connect fittings as I can borrow the tool to properly assemble the lines. I feel like it's a better choice than using rubber lined...
  3. holyford86

Let's talk about teaching dinosaurs new tricks.

It's probably been asked before but I'm going to beat that dead horse a bit more. Does anyone know of anyone who makes custom chips for EEC-IV? Anyone to avoid? Looking to swap to larger injectors due to the stock ones not supplying enough fuel for what I'm doing. If anyone here does such...
  4. holyford86

Changing tire size using Forscan

I've been attempting to change the tire size and abs reluctor wheel tooth count using forscan and it keeps coming up with an error saying it's an invalid configuration and won't go any further with it. I've tried this with both a J2534 and ELM327 adapters and get the same result. Am I missing...
  5. holyford86

Sticking GM parts onto my 4.0 swapped 86 (M62 supercharger install)

I've never actually done a write up ever, and never intended to do it with this project but it seems like there is some interest so I'll bring you along for a probably not so brief account of how I made everything work. About 3 years ago I decided that I wanted to install a supercharger on my...
  6. holyford86

Option I never knew existed, has anyone ever actually seen it?

In the process of repairing and rerouting some power window and lock wiring on my 86 I noticed some extra wires in the harness that goes across the radiator support that appear to go to power mirrors. I can find wiring diagrams for them but I've never seen them and a google search shows no info...
  7. holyford86

For Sale A bunch of first gen parts.

Have a pile of parts I'm never going to use and would rather they go to a good home than scrap, including but not limited to the following; (4) Dana 28 axles with manual hubs, willing to sell whole or in pieces. A 2.8 with duraspark distributor and reman carb, also willing to sell whole or in...
  8. holyford86

For Sale Not a Ranger 93 Taurus SHO part out

Bought a 93 Taurus SHO for the engine and wiring but the car has many other useful parts that I'd hate to crush with the car. All of the electronics seem to power up and work as they should, body is roached but has a complete set of decent wheels. Let me know what you need and I'll shoot you a...
  9. holyford86

For Sale 93 Mustang Cobra MAF sensor

Bought it to use on my supercharged truck project but it won't work well for my setup, is a brand new Walker unit that had never been installed but packaging has been opened, will sell for $30 obo plus shipping from 12901. Part number and and pic of unit below
  10. holyford86

Swapping a later parking brake pedal assembly into a first gen

Has anyone ever swapped a later parking brake pedal into a first gen to get rid of the stupid adjustment system on the first gen trucks? Either I've read the adjustment procedure wrong or the system just sucks. I can make a handle to release it, thats not an issue, it just seems like a better...
  11. holyford86

EEC-IV tuning options?

Over the past few weeks a friend and I have adapted a GM Eaton M62 supercharger to a 4.0 OHV. I know that the M90 has more potential but I wanted to be able to use the charger without modifying it to a great degree and the commonly available GM variants are too long to do that. I am running...
  12. holyford86

Tuning options for EEC-IV

Over the past few weeks a friend and I have adapted a GM Eaton M62 supercharger to a 4.0 OHV. I know that the M90 has more potential but I wanted to be able to use the charger without modifying it to a great degree and the commonly available GM variants are too long to do that. I am running...
  13. holyford86

3.0/3.2 SHO swap

I'm currently in the process of collecting parts for this swap into a 3rd gen ranger. I currently have the entire rotted out beyond economical repair 119k mile 1993 taurus with a 3.2 (automatic), A 3.0 Ranger M5OD and a 1996 ranger that currently has a 2.3 (109k miles, the engine is for sale)...
  14. holyford86

An update on the oil cooler article, possibly

A while back I was reading the article about the oil to coolant oil coolers that could be retrofitted on the older trucks that use the FL1A filter, the vehicles referenced as donors in the article are getting difficult if not impossible to find in salvage yards and since Ford stopped using those...
  15. holyford86

98 ranger 2.5 no heat

I've been pulling my hair out over this, maybe someone else has run into it before, it had sat neglected for some time and the coolant was rather rusty when I purchased it a few years ago, I just did a drain and refill at the time and it was okay until this winter. I was noticing that I was...
  16. holyford86

Ford motorsports speedometer questions

Went to a local junkyard today and scored one of the 140 mph first gen speedometers for a steal. Was wondering of there is anything special I need to do to get it to read correctly or if it is a drop in and go kind of deal. If anyone would be willing to email me some original instructions that...
  17. holyford86

Wheel bearing races falling out of rotors

Been having issues with brake rotors wearing around bearing races, has become an issue recently with the crappy quality rotors that everyone is pushing lately. Happens wether I torque them to ford spec or by feel. Rotors have a warranty but I don't want to keep replacing them every 6 months...
  18. holyford86

Random Backfire when cranking.

Get a random backfire when cranking, sometimes it will even stall the starter for a split second, sometimes it will backfire and then you need to crank it for about double the normal cranking time, mostly happens when engine is partially warm but will do it on cold start or when fully warmed...
  19. holyford86

Well, I'm confused by this...

04 ranger with sohc 4.0 and manual trans, throwing codes for cylinder 1,2,3 misfire, multiple misfire, misfire on startup, and has a bank 2 lean code. So far I've cleanded the mass airflow sensor because it had an oil film on it, and checked for vacuum leaks, also unhooked one of the upstream...
  20. holyford86

Who knows neons?

just recently got a really good deal on a 2000 neon. I cannot find a hood anywhere, used for this car, plus the lights are sandblasted beyond repair, and the front fender has a hole in it. I can find many good used parts from newer cars with the more round headlights, Can i swap an entire front...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad