• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Eddo Rogue

DIY table tennis aka ping pong table base.

Hey guys, I salvaged a nice ping pong table top from a busted up base. Its the two piece folding kind. I'd like to make a simple base for it. Probably without the geometrics of making it folding for the sake of brevity, summers almost gone. I have plenty of metal and a welder, unless some...
  2. Eddo Rogue

What drill bit do I use for this simple turned nightmare job?

A lady friend asked me to help her hang a planter outside. I thought simple enough, but was skeptical because she is pretty handy, own and air bnb rents this place. ... So I go to hang the planter. Its a stucco wall. No biggie, I have a plethora of drilling and fastening options. I figured...
  3. Eddo Rogue

So I got a pool table....Now I need cues.

So a buddy who has a moving gig needed to off a pool table out of his giant transit van. I accepted it in pieces skeptically. Turned out to be a Connelly in excellent shape. Had even more luck finding a good, cheap and honest guy on craigslist to assemble and cover it. I paid him above asking...
  4. Eddo Rogue

2011 Ford Fusion nasty clunk

Maybe someone here has this experience.... When I am reversing with the steering wheel turned, it makes a nasty clunk sound from passenger side front. There's also a metal on metal clunking sound over certain speeds/bumps. Logic tells me its the control arm bushings, but they look perfect, and...
  5. Eddo Rogue

There is such a thing as too many tools, especially when they're just in the way.

I've hit a wall, come to point where I will struggle with adjustable wrench rather than dig for a 10mm....or maybe its a 3/8"....wait its neither....maybe its an 11mm? that don't fit either. now I'm perplexed. For a minute I was on a kick collecting any and every tool that might make the job...
  6. Eddo Rogue

AC blows cold but not that cold.

Many summers ago I resurrected my AC as per tech article here. However, I only replaced the compressor, orifice tube, and o rings. It was ice cold for about a year until the compressor crapped out. It was a cheapo big box store brand. I replaced the compressor with something (hopefully) better...
  7. Eddo Rogue

Basic 2x4 framing question(s)

I figure instead of doing a bunch of searching just ask you guys. What's the standard for basic house framing? I want to build a simple lean to off the garage. 10'x16'. I only need the 3 other walls. I would cut a doorway in the existing garage wall. the two walls would be 10' out off the...
  8. Eddo Rogue

wheel bearing issue?

Not sure if correct category, but I found where my loose front end is coming from, but need help diagnosing whats bad. When prying around, everything is tight except the front axle. The hub/rotor and outer wheel bearing is tight, but the inner wheel bearing seems to have play in it. You can...
  9. Eddo Rogue

Ok guys, lets see your project lists....

To quote myself from my EV thread "Everything I own is a project, I want a not a project" Made me think of my project list, and wonder what others look like. I'm talking wrenching projects only, no construction, DIY etc...just the gearhead stuff...anyways here's mine, in order of as I think of...
  10. Eddo Rogue

I'm gonna buy an EV

I have no clue where to start. I need decent acceleration and range, but nothing crazy...just enough to get to work and back along with a lunch break run. Work is always within 30 miles each way. I been looking at the Chevy Bolt EV. I cant believe I'm writing this. any other recommendations?
  11. Eddo Rogue

Diagnosis suggestions for F150 front end issues.

Not sure where to start on on my '08 F150. Front end feels like I am driving over square edges, and its about to explode. I cant visually see anything wrong. I haven't worked on rack and pinion vehicles much, do they have tie rods that go bad? Is it suspension bushings? ball joints? wheel...
  12. Eddo Rogue

Allen keys, do they sell just the holders/ indexes?

I have a drawer full of Allen keys, and don't want to buy another set just to have them organized. Do they sell just the holders? I found some from Brondhus, but wondering if there are other options. Ideally the ones that are on a key ring with spring tension holding the keys. Otherwise please...
  13. Eddo Rogue

5 speed grinds unless I shift like a grandma.

I really gotta baby my shifts to keep it from grinding gears. I suspect worn synchros, am I on the right track? Also I may have used the wrong ATF in the last flush, which I vaguely recall was type F. Am I screwed? I forgot the technical name of mine, but its the common 5 speed manual they...
  14. Eddo Rogue

What is Fords version of the Chevy SS/ Cobalt SS?

Not sure if posted in the right place, but I need to replace my Fusion.... not worth the money, time and labor to fix it. Seeking another 4 door sleeper. The Chevy SS and Cobalt SS are badass, but they are Chevys. What's the Ford version of these? Maybe a Lincoln MK series or something? Or...
  15. Eddo Rogue

The Caster thread

Welcome to the wonderful world of casters My work is basically a travelling circus of construction crew. Everything is temporary, and on wheels, including the giant table saws. I've seen a variety of Casters, and learned the value of them. Now my goal is to have everything in my garage on...
  16. Eddo Rogue

Strange tach/RPM problem

Not sure if I'm in the right section but here goes... My tach suddenly started doing weird things. its reading about 1k rpms too high. I will be lugging it in a higher and it will read 3500 rpms. When actually driving at about 3500 rpms, it will read 5k. Electrical diagnosis is not my cup of...
  17. Eddo Rogue

Why does my cam synchro keep going bad, and where do I find a good one?

I hear the squeak, and tell myself its a pulley, or maybe the belt. But I know what it is...that random, ear piercing chirp is undeniable. At least this time there's no CEL. This will be my 3rd time swapping it. yes I followed procedure, and oiled the gear good before dropping in. The first...
  18. Eddo Rogue

tips on popping out a big dent.

I caught a fencepost crawling around my property, cut in too tight and early, it dug in the passenger side of the bed just behind the cab. Luckily I can get to it from the inside/underside of the bed. Any advice on how to pop it out with best results? i was thinking of pushing it out with a 2x4...
  19. Eddo Rogue

4.0 gradually getting harder to start...where to start?

So my ranger usually fires right up, sometimes needing a little more cranking and some throttle. Lately this has been happening more often. 20/80 hard start is now 80/20. It needs extended cranking and throttle to start 80% of the time. Where would be a good place to start looking? PS. I...
  20. Eddo Rogue

Rock Auto

I posted this in entertainment, because it is just a thought, and maybe just a dream lol... I noticed a lot of us use and suggest/refer Rock Auto to others. We probably provide them a lot of business. Maybe we can band together and get some love back from them in the form a TRS member...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad