• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rusty ol ranger

Cell phone question?

Guys i need a new phone. This one barely charges, the screen is cracked, i can only talk on speaker, and i dont know how many more times i can scotch tape the otterbox. I want a Cat (as in the people who make dozers) phone...since im hard on shit. Im looking at the S42 model....will it work on...
  2. rusty ol ranger

Auto shifting manual?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/motorillustrated.com/ford-patents-electronic-clutch-system-for-clutchless-manual-shifting/94135/amp/ Not sure how i feel about this....basically turns a manual into a glorified chrysler autostick if you ask me. Atleast you can "turn off" some of the ridiculiousness...
  3. rusty ol ranger

4.6L info needed?

Ive looked online but cant really find a good year range of which 4.6's were prone to oil burning? I think it was 91-94ish but does anyone know? Or are they all prone to it?
  4. rusty ol ranger

6x6 Ranger...

Not gonna lie...its not perfect but pretty damn sweet....
  5. rusty ol ranger

How much fuel does idleing use?

I know you use more gas in cold weather anyways but....it ive been letting my 2.9 warm up 10-15 min in the morning and it seems like its chewing thru alot more fuel then it should be even taking the idleing into account. Nothing points to a problem im just curious.
  6. rusty ol ranger

Weird thing happend...87 Ranger...

Started the truck after picking up my food and it started fine, turned the lights on, looked over at the gauges and none of them were moving. Dead. Realized the radio was also off. After about 30 seconds all was well. Truck started fine when this happend... Hasnt ever happend before...anyone...
  7. rusty ol ranger

Did i get screwed?

Just for fun i went to one of those free vehicle history sites...where you plug in the lincense plate number and it gives you a history... I plugged in my 97 F250 that i bought in december of 2013. It was listed for sale in on 10/31/13 in another town a few hrs north of where i bought it. For...
  8. rusty ol ranger

Bob Saget dead at 65

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/01/09/arts/television/bob-saget-dead.amp.html
  9. rusty ol ranger

A4LD question?

How much "better" are the 4.0 A4LDs then the other ones? I know ive read they are heavier built then a 2.9 one or whatever... Ive kinda been noseing around looking for a different DD (mainly something 4wd, no rusty isnt leaving) and ive always kinda had a soft spot for 1st gen explorers, but i...
  10. rusty ol ranger

Guys....i need a favor....

I know we are all gearheads and junkyard scroungers here and usually are willing to help others out.... If any of yall are out in your local boneyard and happen to run across a 77-79 LTD II/Ranchero (espicially you guys out west where it seems shit lingers forever) can you see if you could...
  11. rusty ol ranger

Anyone know anything about TV's?

2006 Sony "wega" LCD? Projection (the kind with the little replaceable lamp) 42 inch. First " modern" tv i bought brand new in 06. Well, the old sanyo in the bedroom took a total shit so i pulled the sony from the closet where i parked it after the bulb crapped out 5 yrs ago or so. Spent 30...
  12. rusty ol ranger

Did ford ever make....

A regular cab, 7 ft box V6 (preferably 4.0) 4wd ranger in the later model years?
  13. rusty ol ranger

Ecosport/Fusion questions...

Wifes looking to buy a newer ride and off her 2010 escape....shes narrowed it down to either a ecosport or fusion....neither im real thrilled with but eh whatever...anyways... 1- Does the ecosport use the same crappy dual clutch trans as a fiesta? 2- Is the 1.1l 3 banger nonsense a decent...
  14. rusty ol ranger

77 400 has me stumped

77 F250 400. Truck sat in my driveway not moved or started for two years. Some gas and a good junkyard battery it fired right up. Started the 7 mi trek to the old house and about 2 mi in it quit. Keep wacking the carb and it would run good a little further then putter and die. Ok so fast...
  15. rusty ol ranger

This poor explorer....

WTF??? https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/75246313 (Moderators edit... I added in a pic just in case they take the ad down.)
  16. rusty ol ranger

Aggravating 2.9 issue.....putt putt puttering....

Ok now my truck runs great 90% of the time but has had this super annoying, seemingly random issue since i got it going and i cant figure it out.... When you first start it when the engine is cold....if you let it sit and idle for more then 30 seconds or so before you accelerate, or if you get...
  17. rusty ol ranger

Welp...someone finally did it...

Finally a Tesla worth a damn... https://www.thedrive.com/news/43394/worlds-first-v8-swapped-tesla-model-s-is-officially-on-the-road
  18. rusty ol ranger

Didnt oopsie did i?

I ordered some general grabber at's for rusty to put on the rear axle only. 27x8.5r14s. Put next to my 205/70r14s on there now they look massive. These will clear fine wont they? I thought my stockers were 26dia.
  19. rusty ol ranger

Removable bed mounted winch...pros/cons?

So around august i bought an 18ft (used) bri-mar 10k equipment trailer. I wanted to mount a winch to it for various things but then my brain got to rolling and i thought "my F250 has 5th wheel rails....theres gotta be a way to mount it there"...since welding and fabrication is not my fortay...
  20. rusty ol ranger

Just curious...

What roughly would be the MPG difference on a otherwise stock 2.9/5sp/2wd if i swapped the rear for a 3.73 or 4.10 from the factory 3.45? Only reason im asking is i know a guy who is scrapping a 4 banger 2nd gen and i havent been over to look at it but i assume its atleast a 3.73. He said i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad