• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

Anyone know where to get new vavle covers from ? The one I have are rusted in the corners and are in bad shape. May have to take a trip to the junk yard but would really like new ones. Thanks.
  2. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

Got my intake and valve covers cleaned up and painted today as well as new injectors installed. Have the heads at the shop getting seated valves and valve seals done. Slowly getting there.
  3. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

The only reason why I wanna go with the auto hubs is because the new rims that I have have caps that cover the locking hubs so auto locking would be nice but not necessary
  4. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

So today I wanted to try and swap the auto locking hubs on the 1994 Ford explore onto a 1988 Ford ranger but there not the same. The spindles on the explorer are bigger than the Ranger. Dose anyone make auto locking hubs for the 1988 ranger ?
  5. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

So I ordered a set of headers that say it fits the 2.9 but from what I have read the 2.9 and 4.0 are the same so I’m hoping they will fit good without to much Modifications
  6. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

I was actually considering that but really didn’t want to open another can of worms.
  7. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

Decided to put the 4 inch suspension lift kit on this weekend. Definitely looks good. Think it more like 6 inches but with everything off I’m shore it will drop back down with everything back on
  8. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

Got her welded up and sealed up
  9. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

I know but sacrifices had to be made
  10. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

Dash mounts I’m talking about.
  11. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

So today after work I started to mock up the dash. The mounts uptop of the dash are slightly different but I’ll fab something up to fix that. Other than that it looks like it’s gonna work.
  12. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

For those who want to know if a firewall out of a 94 explorer will fit in an 88 ranger, It will. Some trimming here and there and a few tack welds and seam sealer will look like new. I had to cut out the old firewall because of rust.
  13. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

So if I do my own exhaust System and do cat deletes, will I have a problem with not enough back pressure ? Also what’s a good sounding muffler ? I really don’t won’t it to sound like a pissed off bumblebee or a rice rocket or a retarded walrus. Just saying lol
  14. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

dose anyone know if that offer some headers and a nice duel exhaust set up for the 4.0 ohv ?
  15. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

Started to take the 4.0 out the Explorer.
  16. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

thanks for the input guys. My main concern is swapping the dash. I already know there not gonna be a Direct fit and was wondering if anyone has done this so I could maybe get a better idea on how to go about doing this.
  17. 1994 Ford Explorer dash in 1988 ranger

hello everyone. I’m new here and was hoping maybe someone has done this already but I’m in the middle of restoring and customizing a 1988 Ford ranger. The ranger had a 2.3 5 speed and was 4wd and wouldn’t get out of its own way. I recently bought a 1994 Ford Explorer 4wd and a 5 speed. I’m...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad