• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2Krngr

Radiator for v8 swap?

You can bolt any 98-11 ranger radiator from any engine size into your truck as well as the 96-01 5.0 explorer radiator. The OEM 5.0 radiators have the AC condenser snap onto it with some plastic sliding bracketry, so you would need to use the 5.0 condenser with the radiator and unbolt the lower...
  2. 2Krngr

2006 FX Level II 5.0L AWD swap, and the lessons I'm currently learning during this project...

Forgot to show the PATS, so I just added PATS from the explorer just like you would do with any other non-pats ranger, you just add the key transponder ring, the control module, and tap it anywhere into the OBD II wires. Then add ground, hot in start, and hook up the theft LED (could be to the...
  3. 2Krngr

2006 FX Level II 5.0L AWD swap, and the lessons I'm currently learning during this project...

Thanks! an 01 edge won't be too bad, you already have the older cluster, the older fuel line connector, (the front braided fuel feed I grabbed at the junkyard was from am 03 Edge), and Torsion frame, which you can bolt the front diff housing onto, you would need to grab the spindles, cv shafts...
  4. 2Krngr

Just a side note, there is so much talk about the newer rangers with the Canbus Cluster being so complicated, intergrating with the ECU, GEM, PATS, SPEEDO, ETC... But all that is just misinformation. Now that I have DONE IT. That cluster isn't doing anything but holding the mileage and the...
  5. 2Krngr

The newer ranger cluster is boring, kinda ugly and is missing actual gauges for Oil Pressure and Battery Voltage. So I wanted to convert back to the Older gauges, I am using a 2002 Explorer Sport cluster and matching silver face AC control gauge face as well. I cut the pigtails from the...
  6. 2Krngr

For the typical required pin 42 Alternator charge wire mod needed, I just decided to add the proper wire on the truck side, and since the coilpack power wire needs to be added as well it made more since to take the time to just open up the truck side harness add the wires from the fuse box...
  7. 2Krngr

So everything works the truck is done, I finished it that weekend but never posted an update. So for the sake of threads ending with no resolution here is a recap of what was done. It's actually a pretty easy swap. So just making the jumper harness was pretty straight forward and gave the...
  8. 2Krngr

You cannot just plug the C125 and C139 connectors together like you can the C115 and C110. So I will have to change out one side to matching plug from the explorer. You can see the low oil pressure light and the battery/alt light for the 4.0 come through this harness, where the 5.0 both come...
  9. 2Krngr

The next issue is the charge harness body connector. The 4.0 has a bunch of wires my 5.0 did not, although the wiring diagrams showed more functions in the connector for 5.0 mine didn't have. In the column on the left the 3 grey lines are the only populated pins in my 5.0, which were Starter...
  10. 2Krngr

Below is the spreadsheet first draft, do not consider this final, but it was enough to get truck started. The items in GREY are the pins that require no changes, they are the same function and the same pin position on both plugs. You will notice it has the same pin 42 Yellow/White Alternator...
  11. 2Krngr

The two 42 pin plugs for the swap do need some wiring changes, so what I decided to do was to make a jumper/extension harness that will allow me to route it down behind the intake manifold for a cleaner look and be an easy way to rewire them to match up. Below is 5.0 on the left, and 4.0 on the...
  12. 2Krngr

NOTE: (5.0 42 pin plug is called the C115, but on the 4.0 it is called the C110, they will however physically plug together) One issue with the swap into this truck is that the C115 engine plug does not reach the C110 plug on the chassis. You can stretch the living hell out of them and make it...
  13. 2Krngr

Ok, it has been a week, and I've dug alot deeper into this. I tried a Snap On Triton D10 to see what would happen if I tried to program the 5.0 ecu to the original PATS system/keys in the truck. Didn't work, and I have now verified the Cluster has absolutely nothing to do with a Type E PATS...
  14. 2Krngr

Ok, so with a few quick trys at some stuff it does seem like the explorer PATS is being Satisfied. I added an led to the explorer PATS module and it does the normal ~2sec blink with key out, and when you turn it on the light goes out. Although that is the pattern it should do, I wanted to test...
  15. 2Krngr

So I had a chance to test it, I stopped by the junkyard and cut out the PATS wiring from an explorer as to not mutilate the Explorer harness I have in case I do end up transplanting it. I swapped the 06 Transceiver Ring with an Explorer (The explorer one is the White connector in the pic)...
  16. 2Krngr

Looking through alldata last night I see what you mean about the elimination of the seperate PATS Module. The data lines travel between the Cluster and the PCM, instead of the PATS and PCM. I pulled the dash and there is no PATS module or harness, not that I expected one. But the...
  17. 2Krngr

3rd Gen 2wd Ranger/mountaineer V8 swap (WIP 2022)

Post pics when you start your swap, glad to see people still interested in doing V8 swaps on these trucks, since the small truck market died in 2011.
  18. 2Krngr

I have couple of the white face and the silver face clusters. I pulled the 06 cluster and the connectors and wiring is 100% different than the earlier style. Looks like it just may be the best route to transplant the entire explorer cabin/dash/engine bay harness over to the ranger. Which I can...
  19. 2Krngr

Well, having experience in the past with 5.0 swaps into 4x4 98-00 rangers, a 99 2dr explorer sport swap, which where easy plug in swaps, and my 2wd bagged project truck which is difficult as hell. I have a 2006 FX4 Level II that I am almost done swapping that has a couple snafus. I have been...
  20. 2Krngr

Wanted Will buy any Black Interior Pieces, and also whole FX Level II trucks that have it.

That is not a black interior, that is grey. Thanks anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad