• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1986 Ford Ranger one owner , with low miles

Since you are an active forum member, may I suggest as someone that used to be a "copper" reseller on E-Bay, that has sold vehicles on E-Bay, that used to be a sales manager at a dealership, that if you want to sell it for $5,000+, that you should take better pictures and many more of them...
  2. Wanted Connectors for hose to a/c compressor, Bronco II 87 2.9

Those "manifolds" are made of unobtainium. A few weeks back I had a guy buy a set of my hoses with those attached for $100 just for the manifolds, he came from out of state and drove over 200 miles for them. Get them if you can whenever you can. What happens is they corrode up so the hoses can...
  3. 87 Ranger Retrofit Help

I have used flex fans before with an aluminum spacer (move it into the shroud) to eliminate clutch and cooling problems, it does cost you a little bit in MPG and is louder. Absolutely use a fan shroud. I used an electric fan in lieu of the engine driven fan and it was not enough. But, at idle...
  4. Rear brakes

I would wait on ordering the speed bleeders, you have 1/4" selected and I think they will probably be 8mm on the cylinders. A glass jar from pickles or olives will work just as well as the bag. if you are worried about the hose flopping out of the jar, just put the lid on after you punch a hole...
  5. Can a 4.6 fit in a 1987 ramger

Seeing is believing, but, I already knew since I still work on 4.6L and 5.4L trucks from time to time :) This picture reminds me, I have to put real wheels on my Harbor Freight engine stand before I use it again. I tried moving it with a marine Chrysler 318 on it and ended up having to use...
  6. Starter/Transmission Issue

Besides the blue loc-tite, you could try replacing the split washers with serrated lock washers. The problem is you can not tighten (stretch) the bolts enough to create real clamping force because the metal they are going into is much weaker...
  7. New Bronco II owner

T is behind the carb, use manifold, not ported (on the front of the carb) . You can pull directly from the manifold, but, does not work as well. Many vacuum leaks will come from that tee, when I repair or rebuild I usually replace the stock Ford one with a much simpler 3 port. Today's vacuum...
  8. Best year if I want to upgrade from my 2wd

> Other likes about the truck - easy to work on. I like the cab plus I like the 1st generation the best, especially the square headlamps which are way cheaper then the aero ones. I dislike the 89-92 style. Since extended cabs are not plentiful in the 1st generation and the 2.9L can be a real...
  9. Can a 4.6 fit in a 1987 ramger

https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/the-ford-4-6l-281-cid-engine/ > coming with computer I think the engine it is too wide to fit in your Ranger, can you find pictures of one already installed in a 1st generation? But, if I did the swap I would go with a carb set up. If going stock, you...
  10. To rebuild or not to rebuild

Make sure you plug the vacuum line you remove while testing.
  11. High Lift/Farm jack mount

No pictures of my old set up, but, one of my B2, I attached it inside on the passenger side rear and ran the top of it towards the passenger seat, over the wheel, to keep it clean, as I used to live in Taxachusetts and NH, the road salt is brutal. Just keep it right up against the side so it...
  12. seat belts, plus

If you buy LMC you should be getting NOS, which I prefer in a seat belt. Many people get killed with seat belts that fail, especially the GM orange push button type. Ford has already done the crash test dummies thing to make sure what they have made will not fail under actual use. Not just...
  13. Had some tragedy

Sorry for your loss of that beautiful baby. Too good for this world I guess. When I can, I try to help other babies thrive at mercyships.org, where just about everyone works for free.
  14. Replace Exhaust Manifold Studs?

> I was able to determine that the pitch was 1.5 and M10 is the only thing that fits, diameter-wise. > Why would these studs be something special/weird (rhetorical question)? google: "Are m10 and 3/8 the same? That said, they are very close, the 3/8" bolt is about 0.019" smaller and the...
  15. Engine Compartment - Routing of wires & hoses, etc.

> Second Question: How does the ground cable run to the starter? On my 1985 B2, besides the ground wire to the block, there is one going to a stud under the battery tray on the frame, which holds the cable going to the block. Basically the cable is stripped, attached to the frame with a...
  16. To rebuild or not to rebuild

> I know this isn’t the right thread but 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears sputter almost like it’s not “grabbing”? I tried to pull onto a busy road and lost all power to the transmission while accelerating. New clutch or?… When you time the engine and set up the dist on #1, make sure it is on the...
  17. 2.8L decision time.

> I attempted to drive it home (bad move) and it lost compression in all cylinders ( I checked them with a gauge). > When I did the compression test One of the cylinders had 90 at first but wouldn't repeat. A couple had 30 and the rest 0. Then the more I turned it over to try and figure it out...
  18. Exhaust gasket is good and just bolts rusted away?

Looks like a good repair to me. In the FWIW category, it looks like to me it was designed with some kind of round gasket that was put into the recess and then a flat gasket went over the flange. > for choosing to save like 12 cents on production costs of a $38,000 SUV by using these grade...
  19. frustrated

> my brother did not torque down the crankshaft bolt. > low and behold the harmonic balancer has created its on keyway. FWIW: On some Fords the harmonic balancer bolt is single use and torque to yield (example 2004 Explorer 4.0L), I would make sure I used a new Ford OEM bolt at this stage of...
  20. Dual gas tanks in a Ranger ????

A tank without gas in it rusts from the condensation in the tank. It is best to remove the tank, clean it, coat it on the inside with something, and then use it. Plan on replacing all the fuel lines and the vent tube rubber while you have it. Make sure the ground wire for the gauge is good...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad