• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Started my amp install..... and then pain.

I started my amp install, as today was my first day of vacation. I continue to pull the stereo out and find the rats nest that the previous owner had left for me. A lovely lot of house connectors and wires cut to random lengths. No big deal, I then notice the stereo is hooked up to some...
  2. Bigger power wires

For those with larger power wires, did you run them under the truck or through the cab. I want to stay away from running any wires along the kick plate as I still wheel my truck and I noticed that that area gets wet from time to time. I don't have "carpet" I have the plastic/rubber liner shit...
  3. Swing case

Has anyone put one of those swing case boxes in a 2008 body style? I can't seem to find one specific to the truck so I wondered if another truck is similar enough in size to just fit. Maybe a Tacoma or something.
  4. too many amps

So I am contemplating getting a E-fan but I also want another light bar and I still have 2 amps to install for my speakers. The amps are not too big its just like a 500 and a 750. I just don't want to over load my alternator (I have a 130 amp alternator). How could I go about calculating the...
  5. OEM alignment spec

I just did a major suspension replacement and a leveling kit on my 08 4x4 and I'm in Germany so I have a language barrier to deal with. Where can i get OEM alignment specs on line? There is a Ford dealer/service center close by but I haven't had the time to ride up there yet. The truck is at...
  6. Does this look right?!

I'm in need of a technical inspector lol. I didn't have much to go off of because they basically fell apart.
  7. walker evans bead locks wheels..

i have a set of WE that came with my truck. i have never had a set of bead locks wheels before. is there anything i need to be aware of? any special tricks to changing the tires out or balancing?
  8. Chevy 4.3

Has anyone done a 4.3L swap? it seems like a good way to go. I'm not sure if the transmission would mount or if there is an adapter but even if it doesn't the Chevy/GM trans and transfer case should work. the after market is way bigger, the engines are cheaper, more available, and have more...
  9. transfer and diff lube....

I'm at a total loss here. the recommended oil for the transfer case on my '08 doesn't exist where I live. is there an alternative replacement? will dexron work instead of mercon? Is the motorcraft x12 stuff really not sold anymore? I've never had an issue finding the correct oil before. i...
  10. getting up there in miles

So i have a new to me 08 sport 4x4 4.0L that I've been daily driving for about 6 months and its about to hit 150K. Besides the obvious rust and normal replacement stuff what should i look into buying before hand. What is typical to go out in a higher mileage ranger? How common is it for the...
  11. good key on source

I tried searching but I never seem to have any luck. has anyone got a good lead for a key on 12v source in the engine bay? I'm trying to add an anti-critter module that uses a 12v source to shut off when the truck is turned on so that it isn't running 100% of the time. it's not needed to...
  12. 2008 possible animal damage

Started off the first day after covid recovery with a low battery......or so I thought. I had the bat light on and just figured it was low cause i hadn't driven the vehicle in 6 days and the weather was really really cold. figured it would have just came up by the time I made it to my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad