• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. About to replace exhaust manifolds + gaskets

Hi, I’m about to replace the exhaust manifolds and the gaskets on my 1988 2.9L. What is some advice you guys can give me for this? Any tools I can buy to prepare/help make it a little easier or prepare for the worst? Thank you
  2. Wanted Good AL4D trans

I have a 1986 Ford Ranger needing an automatic transmission. It’s 4x4. It has the front end where the hubs don’t have the manual knobs, but it has the push button 4x4 on the headliner and it also has the 4x4 shifter in the floor i don’t know if that makes a difference or not. I am located in...
  3. Wanted ISO 1988 Ford Ranger STX 5spd (Red)

My dad bought a brand new STX back in 1988 that he rolled. It was red with chrome wheels had a 5 speed transmission and I’m trying to find one as similar to the original as I can. Located in Northern VA but i’m sure he’s willing to travel for the right one. Thank you
  4. No Fuel Pressure

87 B2 2.9L. Can’t get any power down to my fuel pumps. I have the fuel pump relay replaced, and fuel pump inertia switch is bypassed so that shouldn’t be the problem. I also have no volts of power to the inertia switch wires also. Really looking for answers thank you
  5. Fuel Pump Issue 87 B2 2.9L

Can’t get any power down to the high pressure pump. Tried new fuel pump relay, bypassed the inertia switch. Now what? I’m lost and would really like to fix this because I just got this thing running for the first time in 10 years and was just driving it around like it was nothing.
  6. Ran out of gas then no start

Hi there. was down in my field and my B2 2.9l ran out of gas. went down and got it a few gallons from the gas station and put it in and the fuel pump underneath the driver side isn’t kicking on. It’s a new fuel pump, what do you guys think?
  7. 2.9 no start

i was lifting the battery up trying to reach something and i accidentally lifted it up too high and it made contact with the top end of my fender or whatever and it sparked and now my truck won’t turn over. any help please?
  8. Looking for recommendations on head unit

I'm looking to replace the head unit in my 1988 Ranger. I kind of want to get a double din small touch screen head unit that's bluetooth. I've seen some small head units that look like a regular radio but when you hit a certain button a small touch screen screen unfolds from the unit and then...
  9. need new speaker recommendations

I'm looking to replace all of the speakers in my 1988 ranger extended cab. The two up in each corner of the dash, and the two that are behind the driver seat and passenger seat. I want top tier speakers that can get really loud without getting fuzzy. Any recommendations??
  10. Rough idle problem

Hi, lately the last few times I've driven my truck when I've started it up and it runs at 1800 rpms (somewhere in that area, its been cold here in virginia so im going to assume thats why it starts off like that to warm up) but my problem is whenever the rpms start to go down to normal idle...
  11. ISO Red Arm Rest for Driver Door Panel

I have a 88 with that classic red interior. I bought it and the door handle on the door panel is missing. Anyone have one I can buy? Also where can I buy the plastic pieces that keep the door panel in the door frame? Thank you
  12. 1988 Ranger Domelight stays on

I have a 1988 Ranger and there was no bulb in the dome light so I replaced it and it still wasn't working. I checked the fuses and it didn't have a fuse so I put one in and then the light came on but I couldn't get it to turn off with the switch. How can I fix it? In order to turn the dome light...
  13. 4 in lift, how to calibrate speedo?

1988 Ranger 4x4. Has a 4 in lift but the speedometer just bobs up and down until i hit about 30 or so but even after I hit 30 the speedometer is still about 5 miles off of whatever I'm actually going. How can I fix this? Is this an easy fix? Thank you
  14. 2.9 No Start

Hi there. My 88 4x4 2.9 won’t start. beginning of january i had both pumps, and the filter placed. the other night i was going down the road in my truck and it cut off on me. got it towed home and it started up just fine, i checked the ignition switch and it was loose so i fixed it and then it...
  15. 4 in lift kit installed

I bought this 88 extended cab 4wd and it has a 4in lift. I'm thinking that the last owner who installed it only bought lift blocks and shoved them under there because whenever the truck hits a bump or anything you can feel it rough. How can I tell if all he did was put lift blocks underneath it...
  16. Wanted 96-01 explorer with 4x4 5.0L

Looking for a 96-01 explorer in the northern virginia area. Must be good running + driving and also have four wheel drive. Looking for one decent priced as cheap as I can find so I can swap it into my 88 ranger. Thank you.
  17. 1988 2.9L Error

So for the past couple weeks whenever i click my highbeams on/off it will make my engine sputter/almost like cut off for a split second, so then as I was going down the road last night it cut off on me. Couldn't get it to start for like 5 minutes, it would turn over but not start. Also couldn't...
  18. 1988 Ranger 4x4 2.9L Auto to 302 auto/manual swap start

Hi there, I have a 1988 4x4 2.9L Automatic Ranger Extended Cab and I'd like to do a 5.0L 302 swap with a manual transmission or an automatic transmission (whichever is easier). I'm posting because I'd like to know what all I need for this swap and possibly an estimate on costs if possible. I'd...
  19. Looking into replacing O2 Sensors. 1988 Ranger 2.9L

Hi you guys, I'm wanting to replace the O2 sensors in my 2.9L Ranger. How many are there and where are they located on my truck? Anything I should check while installing? Thank you
  20. 5 spd swap

Hi there. I have a 1988 Ford Ranger 4WD with the 2.9L and I currently have an automatic transmission with OD. I am curious of a 5spd manual swap, how much it would cost total for a mechanic shop to install, the transmission itself, and other stuff. What would the estimated total be for the parts...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad