• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mnewman

FM145 Input shaft play

Thanks Shran. I went ahead and ordered the 4.0 clutch, flywheel and starter. Although now that I think about it I ordered the slave for a 4.0... Not sure if should have stuck with the 2.9 stock version. I guess I will find out.
  2. mnewman

FM145 Input shaft play

I'm getting back around to this. I was concentrating on getting the interior back in it so I could recover some space in the shop/house. Anyway, noises have gotten worse so I need to get this done. Before I order a clutch kit... How / when is the 4.0 clutch upgrade worth it? I don't plan on...
  3. mnewman

PATS repair 1998

Also, the ranger 4.0 is locked up. (stupid timing chains) so I can temporarily steal the lock cylinder out of it. Is it compatible?
  4. mnewman

PATS repair 1998

Thanks RonD. I will throw a battery in it this weekend and see what the theft light is doing. The previous owner said the theft light is on solid but I need to see for myself. Never thought to add my Ranger keys to the explorer as I didn't think they were compatible but, yes, I have 2 PATS keys...
  5. mnewman

PATS repair 1998

I just picked up a '98 V8 Explorer for really damn cheap but it did not come with keys. There is damage to the lock cylinder as well. The story was that it was stolen then the old man let it sit and lost the key. Not sure how they even got it started. Part of me thinks they stole it with the key...
  6. mnewman

FM145 Input shaft play

Thanks. That was what I was hoping to do. My current unit is a screamer so I'm hoping this one is better.
  7. mnewman

FM145 Input shaft play

Greetings folks. I picked up a used FM145 for my '86 BII. There is a bit of play in the input shaft, like .010 or so. My question: is that normal or is that an indicator that it has excessive wear? The truck it was pulled from had 129K on it.
  8. mnewman

Wanted SOHC 4.0L

uuuuhhhhh. . . . 😂
  9. mnewman

Wanted SOHC 4.0L

That's why I'm looking for one. Mine broke one of the chains.
  10. mnewman

Wanted SOHC 4.0L

Looking for a running 4.0L SOHC for my 2003 Ranger within a couple hours of Cincinnati, OH.
  11. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

I've had a pile of boxes in my living room since Saturday and not enough time to even more them to the garage. Great start to the next phase of the project haha
  12. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

I can't find anything on their website about dual shocks on the rear for the ranger / BII. Maybe I'm just missing it.
  13. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

That's some good news! I did go with the Stage II kit that has the dual shock mounts. Kinda a no-brainer for me when I saw that the only rust on the frame was in the right front coil bucket. There's a flakey spot right over that pesky channel thats between the bucket and frame. I'm hoping I...
  14. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

I'm really hoping the blue is close enough to the stock color it doesn't look goofy. I would have ordered it in black for that reason if it was an option. But, yeah, I went with the extended arms.
  15. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

Not sure I'm going extreme enough for a dorkel haha. I've been pinching pennies all summer to justify spending that much but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Pennies all gone now. Just placed the order. Annd the price of the kit went up by $200 since last month. Damn it.
  16. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

I didn't even think about seals in the front diff. I'm still hung up on grinding out the coil buckets. This will be the biggest modification I've attempted myself. Should be a good time. As far as the handling... I'll be happy if it'll go straight down the road without trying to dart off in...
  17. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

Ok, I'll order the pitman arm with the kit and get some of the pivot bushings. Is there anything else I should be thinking about? I know i should check the wheel bearings. The shop said the ball joints looked good but I wondering if I should replace those as well. Like I said this thing drives...
  18. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

Any recommendation on material or manufacturer of the pivot bushings? I was assuming I'd be replacing them. And holy crap. Longer lines from Duff are $120! Anyone have any other options? Stainless is nice but my truck will never see salt and will likely be running the stock brakes. Not sure...
  19. mnewman

Duff lift and what else?

Getting ready to order the Duff Stage II 3" lift kit. What else do I need to order and replace while I'm in there? This is not a project I'm looking forward to so I'd like to do it once. Until I break something. Do I need the drop pitman arm with 3"? Do I need to need the pivot arm bushings? Do...
  20. mnewman

Runs bad when cold

Thanks for the responses. We'll likely never know as I sold the truck tonight. Time to get back to the BII.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad