• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What year cab fits?

I don't know where the line is, but the cabs are different from 03'-11'. The pcm is a different size. The 03' is smaller and slides in from the firewall to inside, under the dash. The 11' is larger, slides in from the firewall, but is exposed to the elements in the cowl vent area. I remember my...
  2. 2006 Ranger 4X4 Power Stroke built in Argentina

I haven't had any luck with this guy out of Miami. Everything I have needed has always been discontinued. If you have a 2019 Diesel Ranger he could probably hook you up. M and D has been my best source. http://guerrainternational.com/english/argentinian_thailand.php...
  3. 2006 Ranger 4X4 Power Stroke built in Argentina

You need to sell your problem truck to me😁. I could trade you a nice 2011 sport 4x4. Arginine Rangers are hard to come by here. I did see a 4 door Ranger about 2 months ago. I had to do a double take. I have one of these engines that will eventually wind up in my 03' Ranger. I just have had...
  4. Taxes and older Rangers

My trucks have hit the bottom of their taxable value. I'm here in Alabama also. This past year the total on the 02' F250 and 03' Ranger were 26.85 each. No inspections or emissions. I don't buy trailer tags either. I'm not sure if they are even required. No trailer lights sometimes, whatever...
  5. Gasoline Alley

I wonder if all states will be affected? I may have to start testing all of my fuel. There are testers that will indicate the % of ethanol in gas. Ethanol is good for the repair business. I don't have any problem using E10 in a vehicle I use all the time, but no way in something that sits...
  6. Free bumper, tailgate, and other parts

Give me a little time. I will get you a price as soon as possible.
  7. Free bumper, tailgate, and other parts

The rotors are 12"
  8. Diesel distilled from used motor oil.

Since fuel prices are going crazy at the moment I decided to try an experiment. I did the Biodiesel thing years ago with great success, but when fuel prices went down I stopped. Now that is $5 a gallon again it's worth my time. I have a nearly unlimited supply of used motor oil. I cobbled a...
  9. Stuck Oil Filter Removal

To prevent this from happening in the future, put a small amount of grease on the o-ring seal rather than oil. I have started doing this with Mercury 2-4-C grease on every engine I service. It has Teflon in it. I have literally had to pull the entire engine out boats, due to limited access, when...
  10. "New" normal highway speed

My 04' ranger would only do 92 mph according to the speedometer before it hit the rev limiter. I haven't ever had my 03' ranger I currently have past 80. The way fuel is trending I'll probably start driving my car a lot more often. It's a 81' VW Rabbit turbo diesel. I can peg the 85 mph...
  11. What's going to happen when: device no longer supported

Honestly I really don't know what all is involved with that unit. I can't imagine it would be all that hard. All of the old motor gear cases I've been in were not bad at all. The parts may be an issue. Sorry, I'm really not able to help much with that old unit. Newer stuff, no problem.
  12. What's going to happen when: device no longer supported

What is this lower on? The 60's Johnson or something else? As far as the more modern stuff goes, it's really not that bad, however there are lots of special tools. Keep up with any shims and know exactly where they came from.
  13. "New" normal highway speed

Something I have been noticing over the past few years is it seems like normal traffic speed on the interstate seems to have gone up significantly. Speed limits are just a suggestion. I'm not saying anything should be done, or driving above the posted limit is dangerous in the right condition...
  14. So much car debt!!!!!

Most people buy things they truly cannot afford. Houses,cars, other toys. They live to the extent of what the bank will loan them and live pay check to pay check. It's really sad. Times have been good, but things could change quickly. Alot of people lost cars and their homes in the 2008 is down...
  15. What's going to happen when: device no longer supported

That's awesome you found those. Last year I had a customer with a 60's or early 70's 40hp Johnson. To my suprise a few of parts were package in vintage OMC boxes. I try my best to not work on older boats. It is usually never a win-win for me or the customer. Customers with old boats usually...
  16. What's going to happen when: device no longer supported

I was mainly referring to support for electronic modules. Yes, alot of hard parts are still available, but just about all of the old computers are discontinued. The 1960's Evinrude will still be going long after the 90' model is done. For instance if you loose the injector driver on your motor...
  17. What's going to happen when: device no longer supported

I really don't see many "new" cars that will still be drivable in the future. I'm sure it is the same in the auto Industry, but for the marine industry, OEM's do not support their product after a certain point. For instance, Mercury marine's diagnostic software for EFI products of the late 90's...
  18. Free bumper, tailgate, and other parts

Free usable parts. I need to clean out some extra stuff and I really don't want to scrap usable parts. Free if you can pick them up or just pay for shipping. I'm located 20 minutes north of Birmingham,AL. Front chrome upper bumper from a XL or maybe XLT without wheel flares. Also the plastic...
  19. No start after timing chain replacement

I hate you had the same issue, but I'm glad you found this and you were able to resolve the issue. I gave up and towed the 2011 to a Ford dealer. They missed it too. Now I have 2 extra PCM's I don't need. They made it right though. I'm only out the cost of parts. As of this moment I still...
  20. Factory frame coating?

I have owned 3 rangers. 03', 04', and 11'. All of them are coated with a tar like substance which dries out and flakes off. They apparently dipped them completely in a pool of this tar/ coating to get 100% coverage. I bought the 04' new. Every time I would change oil, I would end up with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad