• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) Marvel Mystery Oil in poorly maintained, high mileage truck

im going on a 1000 mile round trip and gonna dump this stuff in my oil on the last 250 miles home
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Power steering question

what was it? i gotta mess with that part of my truck soon :|
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) Marvel Mystery Oil in poorly maintained, high mileage truck

should i MMO my vehicle or nay? i have like two internet people saying beware damage, a lot of indiferent people saying use atf fluid and a lot of search queries saying its a fine/mild treatment. i am so indecisive.
  4. 2.5L ('98-'01) Marvel Mystery Oil in poorly maintained, high mileage truck

i should also mention i accelerate like a grandma and cruise at grandma speeds. and drive down dusty roads often enough. how does that affect engine sludge build up? is dropping oil pan and cleaning sludge off the bottom of a ranger considered easy? i have limited space and tools.
  5. 2.5L ('98-'01) Marvel Mystery Oil in poorly maintained, high mileage truck

what bout my concerns of dislodging sludge and damaging my engine?
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) Marvel Mystery Oil in poorly maintained, high mileage truck

note: 2000 ford ranger 2.5l 2wd mt, 275,000mi, i received the truck at 120,000mi .... i have gone quite a few oil changes to over 5k miles and/or over 10mo Hey, I am wondering if it is a bad idea to place Marvel Mystery Oil in my high mileage engine? i have never "de-sludged" my engine before...
  7. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

I GOT THE COMPUTER RUNNING! two or three guys were running me through the boot disk and were amused by how clueless i was! thnx! someone on here said throw away the laptop and just buy a new one, throw-away culture is polluting our planet and wasting valuable resources! apparently there should...
  8. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

two questions 1. that file i downloaded would be the "win8.1_English_x64" file/folder that contains all those other files, yes? 2. i downloaded the "win8.1_English_x64" file/folder onto the thumb drive. should i move that file/folder to a different drive before i attempt to have 'rufus' format...
  9. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

i looked on the microsoft page and the link to the 'ISO tool' is dead. :/ . .. ... so i downloaded 'rufus' ive gotten this far. i must select a file to create the iso using rufus for the "boot selection" option do i select the whole "win8.1_English_x64" file/folder or do i select one of the...
  10. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

so apparently i need some sort of 'ISO' (optical disc image?) writing program to make this usb + file into a bootable disk. apparently that must be what the 'windows usb/dvd downloAD tool is for someone mentioned i could download a program named 'rufus' that will create the boot disc for me...
  11. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

1. i bought a $5 16gig usb drive from walmart and i tried to move that 4.02gig file i downloaded onto the drive and it says the file is too big ??whats going on?? okay, i am trying to navigAte my mistakes: 2. the download page said to download the file to the destination folder ..or something...
  12. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

I am having trouble making a " windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File)" I downloaded the file from the windows website Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File) and the next instructions was to run the file, but instead when i try to access the file i downloaded, instead it opens a folder. i tried...
  13. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

someone elsewhere wrote: "It's almost definitely 64 bit. If it's not, it just won't install." ima just try it, cause i currently am not able to open folders on the laptop
  14. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

im trying to download a copy of windows 8 OS to a usb drive following this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO but how do i find out if i have a 32 or 64bit system? thanks for the help so far, ive learned a bunch of different stuff about microsoft OS recently... i...
  15. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

I have no idea, i thought i was using windows 10, says windows 8 on the bottom its an thin, small ASUS x202e, i like it a lot :0 12 years ago i bought a used laptop off newegg for about $150 about 2 years ago i got a laptop in a trade for a bike. that laptop lasted a little over a year and...
  16. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

^^^ill try and download that copy of windows10 to use as a boot up, thank you. I typed in "X:\Windows\System32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servecing and Managment tool Version: 10.0.19041.1 Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the...
  17. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

am i gonna have to buy a second copy of windows? or will my license be saved on the 'broken' computer that i am trying to 'refresh' ima start looking for that windows download file. any idea where to look? ima just google "downbload windows for crashed computer" or something ***EDIT*** okay...
  18. 2.5L ('98-'01) im gonna do a carb cleaner spray vacuum leak test

"I have learned to use starter fluid for checking vacuum leaks " i bought some starter fluid and could not hear a change in revs. I have a $3 usb scanner but the wifi connection crapped out while i was running the test. maybe ill try again today.
  19. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

^^^will follow your instructions after lunch! "You most likely have a failing hard drive so no amount of DIY is going to fix it " uggggghhhh i took my laptop on a roadtrip with me a few months back gf said to keep it under her seat and i was like "no, you cram too much stuff down there, the...
  20. help, i have "corrupted my operating system"

okay, none of that stuff, worked. my gf held down the windows key during boot up, and we tried a few different troubleshooting options and the symptoms got a little better but the computer is still faulty and crashing sooooo considering my gf has a working laptop right next to her, could we...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad