• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

And.... We have lift off. I can pull the truck out and work on it or work on the bed and store it all in the garage at the same time. Flatbed makes life a lot easier when it comes working on truck for sure. I can crawl up under the truck and sit down and work on things.
  2. ford4wd08

Deleting the pump from a fuel pump

Ford did run a in tank pump for carbs (like my F350 project I'm working on). It was called the hot start or (hot fuel) option and a lot of the carb'ed 460's got them in the end of the bullnose era to the start of the bricknose. It does have a return line plumbed right at the carb. I'm not...
  3. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

Making some more progress. Got the bed loose today. Goal is to make something to support it so I can back the truck up under it and pull it out to work on the body work. Then the real work begins!
  4. ford4wd08

Interesting options on a Bronco II

I have the flip up seat, rear storage compartments and the flip up rear window. I use it almost every day as the tailgate is not the best fitting item Ford ever made. I assume it partially warped from being red and in the sun for 37 years.
  5. ford4wd08

87 B2 A4LD transmission ( OD) ( Info on a IAC fix)

OP, do you have 3 wire connector at the driver's side of the trans pan or 2? 87 was the transition year from 1 solenoid to 2.
  6. ford4wd08

85 A4LD Neutral Safety Switch

It's on the driver's side of the transmission. About half way up the case. It's is round, you should be able to put a box end wrench on it and loosen it.
  7. ford4wd08

Wanted 2.8L duraspark distributor

Is that a TFI distributor you're looking for?
  8. ford4wd08

Lower temp thermostat

I know for a fact sediment caused issues with my original radiator. I added AC back and it began pushing temps up to where I didn't like. I replaced my OEM radiator with a 2 core replacement. It added some capacity and actually pushed the fan further into the shroud. I think both helped with my...
  9. ford4wd08

Lower temp thermostat

I'm pretty sure all the 2.8/2.9/4.0's were built in Germany, that is why they got the colonge name...
  10. ford4wd08

Lower temp thermostat

Thermostat is minimum operating temp. If coolant system isn't designed well or maintained, you can overheat.
  11. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

Finally got it buttoned up on the front brakes. Ran into some issues trying to bleed the brakes on the rear. Never could get fluid to come out of the wheel cylinder. Not sure if it is an ABS issue or what? I believe 87 is the first year of ABS on the rear in the F series. I'll keep working...
  12. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

Chipping away at it little by little. Had to track down some rotors for dual wheeled front hubs, but found some. Got the driver's side button up with new races, bearings, caliper, brake pads, and brake line. I also got a set of Mike Marker hubs. Seem to be a decent upgrade for the Dana 60...
  13. ford4wd08

F150 2.7 ecoboost misfire

There is a TSB on 2016's 2.7's. I believe the exhaust valve or similar fails. Happened to mine and I got two new cylinder heads from Ford for it. Mine was a bad misfire and it made the check engine light and all blink. I had to limp it to the dealer. Yours might not have that issue, just...
  14. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

Thanks for the confidence in the welder. I feel like harbor freight stepped up their game on some items and is becoming my go to tool store. Yes they still sell "crap" items, but I've had good luck on a lot of stuff lately. I don't get much sleep when I have a project like this going where I...
  15. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

A lot of google-fu later and your rumor is basically true. The Dana 60 is the same front axle between a single rear wheel and dual rear wheel 4x4 truck from the hubs inward (at least for the king pin from 87-92ish). They use the same bearings, rotors, and brake setup. The only difference is...
  16. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

Turned to facebook for some answers.... Looks like folks take 2 lug nuts and make a jam nut to remove the the extended wheel stud which was one of my original thoughts. Also discovered this is a Dana 60 King Pin axle, seems to be pretty desirable. Ought to be tough for sure.
  17. ford4wd08

Duraspark conversion.

Makes sense. Good luck. It really doesn't take much for the duraspark/HEI system to run.
  18. ford4wd08

Duraspark conversion.

You don't have to splice anything into the system if you use the HEI module if I remember correctly. You can wire it up and make it run with all the old stuff still in place to start. That's how I did it then removed it after I traced it back to each component.
  19. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

@19Walt93 Do you remember any wheel spacers like that on 4x4 dual wheeled trucks?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad