• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ecgreen

Lower temp thermostat

I use the 180 thermostat and a 4.0 radiator. The extra degrees make me feel better. I am sure a 195(or is it 192?) would be fine and probably be better long term, but I like the assurance.
  2. ecgreen

Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

I did the same thing. You wont regret it.
  3. ecgreen

2.9L Reality Check: Highway capable?

Fun topic! I can only speak for a B2 2.9L And my answer is.... .... .... Wait for it... ... HECK NO!!!
  4. ecgreen

Rear Tire Rub, 1988 Bronco II, 2.9 L, 4wd

Dunno, prob could do a flat rate box. Let me know if you want them and I can check
  5. ecgreen

I have a set of Wulf rear shackles I'll sell yuo for 25 bucks +shipping. Only 500 miles on them. 1.5 and 2 inch lift options
  6. ecgreen

Neutral safety help

Is all of this actually in your brain!?!?!
  7. ecgreen

Have you checked the bump stops?
  8. ecgreen

Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

Mine did the same thing, same RPMs. Changed cheapplugs with no effect. Bought expensive high dollar plugs. Worked great.
  9. ecgreen

Engine rebuild

I agree with the 4.0 hypothesis for sure. But I also understand re-building and keeping the original. Something about my crappy little 2.9 speaks to me (for better or worse). When mine dies, I can totally see myself rebuilding one.
  10. ecgreen

toolbox and rear seats added to B2

Git er done! Love it!
  11. ecgreen

Best rear Shock replacement?

Yep, everyone has different opinions. Just need to compare others opinions with what you need.
  12. ecgreen

Best rear Shock replacement?

Bilstiens for average use...great way to go. You can spend a lot more, but you will be hard pressed to feel the difference IMHO. The B2 handles like crap no matter what you do and with that short wheelbase, you feel all sorts of things you don't want to. Bilsteins are a nice middle of the road...
  13. ecgreen

Air Intake Tube Question

https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/snorkeling-in-an-89-bii-article.192159/ Here is a write up of how I did it.
  14. ecgreen

1990 Bii 2.9 FAILED CA SMOG!

There are others on here that have dealt with the same thing. Someone will chime in I am sure. And yes...moving is an option lol.
  15. ecgreen

Transfer case end spraying fluid on undercarriage? SOLVED!!!

If you dont have a torch, map gas will work. You just need to hold the flame on the bolts a lot longer. You get em. Just dont round them off!
  16. ecgreen

Oh yeah, mu cv shaft shuttered under load. New shaft worked wonders. Plus consider that every busing in that truck probably shot. Leaf spring bushings, sway bar bushings, bidy mounts, etc.
  17. ecgreen

4X4 does not engage at all after new transfer case motor. SOLVED!!!

I like your positive attitude! Stick around!
  18. ecgreen

I bought mine from Jeffs I think, cant remeber. I took out the cv shaft and put the u-joint one in in about 10 minutes.
  19. ecgreen

Also jeffs bronco graveyard.
  20. ecgreen

You wouldnt regret swapping that out for a universal joint shaft.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad