• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Deiimos

work boot thread

I’m not much of a boot wearer, but the Garmont T8 NFS have been the most comfortable pair I’ve worn. To me, they feel very close to wearing typical sneakers, pretty light weight, and don't hurt my feet or ankles after hours of wear, and just feel good overall. Not really "work" style boots, I...
  2. Deiimos

Air compressors

If the compressor takes a few people to move, that’s the one you want. :LOL: Seriously though, if you wanted a bigger compressor anyway, I’d say “most” 60 gallon and bigger will have a pump head with high enough CFM (10+) for relatively steady painting. Obviously research any you see for sale...
  3. Deiimos

Picked up some stock aluminum wheels

^That came out really good! I have the Outlaw II style like the OP posted, mine don’t have the extra holes for caps or whatever those are for (my caps push through the back) and might be a different brand. At any rate, they need redone as well, just haven’t felt like messing with them. I'd...
  4. Deiimos

What do you take to the Pull Yard?

I take tools I know I need, so if I’m getting an alternator, I take that stuff, but I know what is needed before I go. However, I’ll also take a few common socket sizes, and some near the size required just in case I get there and they are not the correct bolts on it. Mostly 3/8” stuff, but...
  5. Deiimos

Getting sick and tired of my ranger

Hopefully all goes smoothly when you take it back in.
  6. Deiimos

Getting sick and tired of my ranger

Sounds like it's been a good truck to you. Assuming it is still a gasket leak or main seal, a competent shop should be able to fix it no problem, I would hope. If they refuse to try and fix it which I'm guessing they will, maybe find a better shop. I know people get attached to shops / places...
  7. Deiimos

94 Oil Pan Gasket.

Take what I post as not properly done, nor recommended, just what I did. Mine is a 2001, not sure what differences that may have, or if this is even possible for that year. I wasn’t able to pull the engine and needed my oil pan gasket swapped (developed a bad leak, bad enough I could not drive...
  8. Deiimos

coolant leak after coolant leak…

Might want to swap the crank / balancer seal while the cover is off, or at the very least inspect the harmonic balancer for wear (can get a repair sleeve and oversized seal for it if so, or just replace both items with new). My balancer was slightly grooved and I installed a repair sleeve /...
  9. Deiimos

coolant leak after coolant leak…

I know you say it doesn't look like it, but to me it looks like the timing cover area, though I'm no expert. The water pump bolts also hold the timing cover, so perhaps the gasket was disturbed slightly when replacing the pump and it just couldn't seal properly again, especially if it was...
  10. Deiimos

First post, i got a new crate 3.0 and im taking everything off the old motor putting it on the new motor so im at the camshaft positioning synchronize

Here are some pics I took when doing work on my truck in December on my 2001. Not the best photos, was just a self note of where some of the bolts went in case I forgot. But yes, the two larger bolts are on the passenger side, and a smaller one on the driver side.
  11. Deiimos

Can I make it fit? (timing chain sprocket)

Super annoying dealing problems, especially when waiting for shipping! Not to mention when sellers don't want to work with you. I feel like you could force a not as described return through ebay, seems you can usually send anything back if you check the not as described box, IDK. I've had quite...
  12. Deiimos

Well the replacement got here today. It's said out for delivery the last two days, but some sort of issue delivering the last couple days. Though I still need to finish cleaning gasket material off. Looks like it should fit fine at first glance.
  13. Deiimos

Thought I'd finally sign up.

I don't think I'd know what to do if I had / worked on a vehicle without heavy rust. :D
  14. Deiimos

Columbus area.
  15. Deiimos

Thanks guys!
  16. Deiimos

Just to note, I would not actually try to install the wrong one. And thanks for linking the Napa one. Rockauto already shipped the correct one (hopefully correct) after I contacted them this morning, so that should be here soon enough.
  17. Deiimos

I'll for sure have to look into that, I seen mention of it while doing some searching recently and that if it fails, it is real bad, so probably wise for me to take a look at it. And thanks again!
  18. Deiimos

Yeah I knew something wasn’t right when I seen the two rows of teeth. Figured the Cloyes should work just fine though. I still need to clean off the old gasket material and get it all prepped so was just taking a look at everything, but glad I did now instead of when I was actually ready to...
  19. Deiimos

Thank you sir!
  20. Deiimos

Suppose I should post here as well, even though I always skip this part on most forums. :D That said, I have a 2001 3.0 2wd Ranger XLT, the blue color, cab is extended with those jump seat things but still only two door, and has the fiberglass bed sides. I mainly use the truck for hauling scrap...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad