• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Terry

Manual locking hubs 87 B2

I don't think that if you have the stock d28 on your rig it will have auto hubs? I would go on the tech page and identify what your axle is. I am not aware of auto hubs before 1990. I have had several 86 thru 88 4 x 4's and have not had an auto hub? I would not spend any money until you are sure...
  2. Terry

External fuel pump pressure, running bad

My exhaust is all less than 3 years old. From the heads back. The cat is old. With a vacuum gauge gage hooked up, it is in the normal except during idle. It stumbles off idle and lacks power. I disconnected and plugged the vacuum lines going in and out of the filter box in front of the iac. I...
  3. Terry

External fuel pump pressure, running bad

I have an 1987 ranger that I pretty much built. It has dual tanks. It started running like it was loaded up or starving for fuel. I checked the codes and got a 95. I cleaned up the grounds like has been suggested. I also tested the fuel pressure. It is running on the low side 29 psi. I changed...
  4. Terry

2.9 losing power after 15 mins

It sound like you have an issue after it is in "closed loop". This is when the engine is warmed up When it is cold it bypasses most of the sensors. When it warms up the oxygen sensor starts controlling the engine. It will run good until it gets warmed up. You need to check the trouble codes...
  5. Terry

I have tried everything I know of. Help!

Have you checked the codes? If you have not you are throwing money at the wall. Most of the parts you have changed would not cause a misfire. Most fuel issues don't cause misfires. I would check the ignition control module.
  6. Terry

Q Logic Q Forms 6.5" Kick Panel Speaker Enclosures for Ford / Mazda / Bronco II / Ranger / B-Series

I emailed Q logic. They do not recommend their kick panel enclosures for manual trans trucks. I will build custom door panels for my speakers.
  7. Terry

Q Logic Q Forms 6.5" Kick Panel Speaker Enclosures for Ford / Mazda / Bronco II / Ranger / B-Series

Has anybody used the kick panel enclosures? I am looking to mount speakers in a standard cab 1987 ranger with a stick.
  8. Terry

Common starter issue, fix??

Thanks, if I go thru the same type of crap you are going thru and can help someone else end the pain I will always do that. I built my current truck that I bought for 300 dollars with two trucks. I yo need any help with suspension I have gone thru that headache as well.
  9. Terry

The material is soft. Over time it smashes the material on the torque side of where it is bolted. Once the spot is worn, as much as you tighten it it will drift back to the same spot. spacing, thickness all the other stuff everyone says is not the issue. I fought this issue for almost two years...
  10. Terry

I ended up replacing the spacer plate. I have not had any issues after that.
  11. Terry

A/C non A/C fan clutch

I bought the AC clutch. The seems to have fixed my issue. I can hear my fan run now. I did not realize that my fan was so quiet before???
  12. Terry

A/C non A/C fan clutch

Thanks, it could be an EB. I had the local parts store order me one. I will take the clutch and the fan over to make sure it is the correct one.
  13. Terry

A/C non A/C fan clutch

Model number on the fan is ; E47A-8600-BB
  14. Terry

A/C non A/C fan clutch

Not sure, I can check when I get home.
  15. Terry

A/C non A/C fan clutch

I have a 1987 4 x 4 ranger with a 2.9. I am going to replace the fan clutch. I am seeing on the parts houses that there is a fan clutch for a a/c or a non a/c motor. My truck has never had a/c in it. I am not sure if the fan is the fan that came on the motor. I had a donor truck that was an 86 2...
  16. Terry

Aftermarket cooling fan "non electric"

I have a aftermarket temperature gauge. I keep my cooling system is good condition. When it is cool in the morning I can watch the temp gauge drop when the thermostat opens. My system is correctly sealed up and my overflow is at the proper level. In the later part of the day when it is warmer...
  17. Terry

Aftermarket cooling fan "non electric"

I am thinking that my cooling fan clutch is going out. I want to replace it with a aftermarket fan with the hope that it will use less hp, work better and look better. I looked around and did not find anything on this issue. My current fan is screwed on and the pump has 4 bolt holes to hold on...
  18. Terry

Bolts for radius and axle pivot brackets

I bought radius arm and axle pivot drop brackets. The directions say I need to check the bolts that replaced the factory rivets to make sure they don't come loose. Has anybody used any special bolts to keep them from coming loose? Sounds kind of lame that you have to keep an eye on the bolts...
  19. Terry

Leveling springs, adjusters with camber and tires plus

Long story short. I completely rebuilt the front end of my 87 4 x 4 ranger. Like most other people, I don't have the tools and a level driveway to do the alignment. I took my truck to tires plus for the alignment. I told the person at the counter that I just finished rebuilding the front end. I...
  20. Terry

Coil spring spacer??

I am almost done rebuilding my front suspension on my 4 x 4 ranger. I bought some leveling coil springs. I don't see a spacer like I see in the exploded view of my front end. Do I need these spacers?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad