• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JerrySab

Bad Traffic - High idle?

yeah I figured. Earlier on, i took truck to a number of shops. None of them want to touch it lol. The one that did kept charging me for fixes and parts that somehow never made their way into the truck. So. TRS it is. I know there’s something still out of whack, either w vacuum and/or ignition...
  2. JerrySab

Bad Traffic - High idle?

super helpful, thanks @Cees Klumper . Although probably not what I was hoping to hear, but confirming there’s something fishy going on. Since you’re local, do you have a mechanic you could recommend? I’ve been slowly DIYing this, which has been a great learning experience, but I would also love...
  3. JerrySab

Help, with fuel lines in the engine bay.

Hey man, not sure if you have your answer yet or not. If not, my finger is on the supply line, connects to the metal hookup that disappears from view under the fuel rail. return line connects to fuel pressure regulator.
  4. JerrySab

Bad Traffic - High idle?

@RonD SO I finally had the chance to yank the plug on IAC after driving in to work. Same issue, noticed 1100 rpm while in traffic; put truck in park, tach jumps to 2100 and holds there. I popped the hood and pulled the plug, RPM plummets to base idle. plugged IAC back in, truck went back to 950...
  5. JerrySab

Bad Traffic - High idle?

Thanks gents! @franklin2 I was wondering about CPU initiating something like thIs, totally makes sense. Even though coolant temp looks ok, maybe air charge sensor or oil temp are reading high, which would trigger sustained higher RPM. Im super paranoid of an injector being stuck open, which was...
  6. JerrySab

Bad Traffic - High idle?

SUP RANGER FAM SO LittleGold is back up and running, and really doing so much better! Thanks to the collective wisdom here, of course. Really so grateful for this community. So here's a new old issue, that I'd love understanding on. My hunch is a wiring issue, but it's definitely made worse...
  7. JerrySab

4.0 or 5.0 swap?

@gaz Can you elaborate on this? I want to love my 2.9 and help it be the best little engine it can be, but also feel like I'm always playing catch up with it. Always some little gremlin to hunt down and even fomoco parts seem like garbage these days. I get a lot out of Kunz' aggregated posts but...
  8. JerrySab

Replacing injectors

@RangerGoolz thats fantastic!
  9. JerrySab

Interest in 2.9l Phenolic intake Spacers?

I'll take a set!
  10. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

Now just spamming y'all. When disconnecting fuel lines and allowing filter to drain into catch basin, I noticed some fine glitteriness. theres a chance it's leftover from last oil change, but I'm also experiencing significant panic right now. If this is metal from pump dying, and some of it...
  11. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

@Blmpkn Sorry, meaning high pressure pump in frame. I'm trying to isolate a leak. Pressure at rail falls from 40psi to 10 overnight. moved further up the line to see if hp pump shat the bed. Appears it has, so rather than ripping apart plenum I'm likely ripping apart fuel lines to swap pump and...
  12. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

@Shran I followed your recommendation about plumbing the gauge to the fore face of the filter, primed to 55 psi and let it set for an hour. Came back and, whatdya know, it's down to 22 psi. Just confirming, that nonsense shouldn't be happening, rail pump should be a 1-way street. right?
  13. JerrySab

2.9 losing fuel pressure overnight

@Adobomb did you sort this issue out? I'm trawling previous threads for info on this very topic. Still doing tests at different points in the fuel system to attempt to isolate pressure leak, but would love to know if you have made progress.
  14. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

ok cool. my mind was thinking 'oh crap its all related' between injectors, rail pump, tank pump. but pressure regulator, when functioning, should create baseline pressure at rail and injectors are isolated from that.
  15. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

Ok, so doing preliminary pricing of pumps in case my current one is busted, realizing I dont know much about flow rate. Should in-tank pump and high pressure pump have matching flow rates? Is higher better? I'm seeing a decent amount of variation, some with 15GPH and others with 40GPH.
  16. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

Damn. Just as soon as I think I’m getting close. Watching the pressure fall was pretty disheartening. FPR is new. All symptoms point to failure there but vacuum line could be at fault also. The line is soft and longer than I would expect, as it’s only going like 3” away. It looked like it was...
  17. JerrySab

Injector Leak?

Ok, back again after nearly frying my truck. Ditched the MCR alternator and went with reman 94 mustang. All good there, super appreciate all of the collective wisdom here. Happy to have a working part again. After swapping the alternator I finally had time to do some fuel pressure testing, and...
  18. JerrySab

Swapped bad fuel regulator for a new one/ won't start now

Due diligence, Double check wiring to distributor and ignition coil, confirm those weren't disturbed during swap. Same for fuel injector connections, theyre all in pretty close proximity. You may also want to check any vacuum lines that may have been left off, but I dont know if that would...
  19. JerrySab

Fuel Pressure Regulator Failure Cause

I've found a few reviews online for from other buyers of these things just crapping the bed after a few months of operations. I just want to make sure there isn't a grossly malfunctioning other thing that is causing the FPR to fail, and I end up going through these things like tissues.
  20. JerrySab

Fuel Pressure Regulator Failure Cause

Yeah with zero luck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad