• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Been out playing with the new bronco, not ranger specific but fun adventure!
  2. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Let the wife drive “boots” as I ran the camera and drone. We went to my cousins for the May 24 weekend mud run. I had to put a chebby on the video because the two rangers on rockwells and tractor tires were broke😢 Anyway, here’s the video…
  3. Bracket racer

Did you lift your 1998-2011 Ford Ranger 4x4?

I wanted to put 33’s on the 06 (07??) and since it had no box, the rear was way up in the air. So I cranked the stock keys up all the way. The issue I’m having now is the rough ride, so I turned the bars back about 2-3 full turns, basically until the front started to drop and then back up...
  4. Bracket racer

Project Putt Putt: 2002 B3000 4x4 swap thread

Awesome work on the rest ends, what do you do for a living? I was a mechanic for 36 years and it was rare to find a regular mechanic that knew how or would attempt at setting up a ring and pinion. You saw what you had to do, bought the tools and did it!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  5. Bracket racer

The "Donkey" build/rebuild

That picture doesn’t do it justice😂😂😂 Under the white computer hold down strap (top right of picture) it looks like something white on the floor?? It’s actually a hole into the fender well. All the mud it packed through the hole and filled the wiring harness😳 more tomorrow…
  6. Bracket racer

The fuse box wiring is pretty bad and I found where the inner fender is pounded up to give the 35’s room, it is pinching the main cable running from the fuse panel to the computer. Inside, I pulled the computer and the wires and everything was packed in mud and rocks. I can’t remember how many...
  7. Bracket racer

Well, the donkey has been sitting for several months due to the electrical issue. After working on the fleet the last few days I decided to put it in the shop. Boosted it (both batteries were dead) and it barely turned over when it roared to life!! Just aching to go out I guess😂😂 Anyway...
  8. Bracket racer

Can my 4.0 OHV push dana 44 front and 60 rear?

Definitely swap it!! Forget hp, if it is 4.11 or even better 4.56, a 4.0 will pull it no problem. I’ve seen a 2.3/5spd ranger, all stock, buddy put 44/10.5 with 35’s and with 4.56’s it was no speed demonat highway speeds, but excellent in low range off road. Remember a 4.0 is either 165hp or...
  9. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

When I first got boots I thought it had a limited slip because it would spin both tires. It started spinning one more and more and pulling the cover revealed an open diff🤬 So…. Lincoln welder to the rescue!!
  10. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

There were a couple big holes, but 22 tiny rust holes! Cleaned the inside with rags and wire wheeled the outside. Taped up the inside and slathered the JB weld on the outside.
  11. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Pulled it off and there was water in the oil, that’s weird since I extended the vent up to the frame and put a couple loops in the copper line. Then I saw the holes in the cover!!
  12. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Was doing some servicing to the fleet, it was boot’s turn. Rear diff cover was leaking so I thought I’d pull it off and put fresh silicone on and refill it…
  13. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

And since the wife likes mud, water, rocks, whatever but hates snow, I did a little “snow driving” tips for beginners like her.
  14. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

Here’s another of our trucks, 02 explorer (Dora) and 06…07?…I forget😂😂 anyway, 07 ranger, (Boots) stock with 33’s and the torsion bars turned up.
  15. Bracket racer

06 ranger build “Boots”

So while we have bought a bronco sport and have been YouTubeing it(is that a word?? Lol) every once in a while the wife and I take our mud trucks out… no snorkle, 3’ of water😳
  16. Bracket racer

Looking for a name

Ahhhh, the wife is still calling it baby but now saying it like smurf on animal kingdom🙄 “Hey baybee”
  17. Bracket racer

Looking for a name

Holy crap! Lol, I’ll run these by the wife👍🏻
  18. Bracket racer

Todays weather

Naw, I got a tractor and plow so heck with it, wait till it’s done.😁
  19. Bracket racer

Todays weather

We got 3’ and 60mph winds. This is halfway through it..
  20. Bracket racer

Looking for a name

Both the wife and I accidentally called it a bronco II several times and then just started calling it bronco.. she’s really pushing “baby”....sigh....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad