• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SenorNoob

Thicker oil I can run in my 1996 4.0 OHV

I tried 10w-30 in my 93 4.0 and it was ok when warm, but the first below freezing day the pump just wouldn't. Zero oil pressure. Had to get another ride to work and change it the next day. (Still below freezing. Took an hour to drain.)
  2. SenorNoob

Dash Lights Partially Not Working

You can see the traces on that circuit. Follow them around with multimeter till you find the bad spot. They probably all run from 2 pins at the connector.
  3. SenorNoob

Whitch starter will bolt up to my fm146

Depends on what clutch/flywheel you used. If it's from a 2.9 the starters are the same. If you "upgraded" to the 4.0 clutch/flywheel you'll need a manual starter from a 4.0. BTW, later models (Not sure how much. Any 4.0 maybe?) auto starter fits the 2.9 clutch/flywheel and is of more compact...
  4. SenorNoob

I need a driveshaft for an '85 Ranger 2.3L, what fits?

Ranger 4wd rear driveshaft doesn't have the slip yoke up front. It's in the middle of the shaft. So that's a no go. I'd be surprised if any A4LD slip yoke was different. Probably 4R44E and 5R44E too. Bed/Cab length does matter. It changes wheelbase. But I don't think a long bed was offered...
  5. SenorNoob

2004 Windshield Wipers not working in intermittent speed and won't turn off

On that model, would it keep going if it didn't make the "park" position?
  6. SenorNoob

Wanted pre 93’ 4.0 wiring harness.

Congratulations!
  7. SenorNoob

Wanted pre 93’ 4.0 wiring harness.

Best guess would be to avoid likelihood of EGR and Cam Position Sensor. Which should also mean batch-fire, not SFI. All together it makes things a bit simpler.
  8. SenorNoob

Differences Between 93-97 and 98+ Standard Cab Seat Tracks?

The 88 seats were actually more supportive. The Explorer seats just feel cheap. Like they were made for a Cavalier or something. But my original seats were broken.
  9. SenorNoob

Dana 35 SLA center pin removal?

Clip works just like the "friction ring" on an impact wrench.
  10. SenorNoob

Want to add brush guard

Considering how much steel has gone up lately, those bumpers may not be as expensive as you think. At least not when compared to buying the materials to make your own. I'm a cheapskate so would be more likely to find something close to the right size and local to make work. Like my bar. Was...
  11. SenorNoob

How do I keep this from happening?

Keep an eye out here in the for sale section. Pieces come up individually sometimes. Other than that, can always buy the minimum kit.
  12. SenorNoob

4.0 wiring harness install

Definitely sounds like a grounding issue to me.
  13. SenorNoob

Another new build

You've been busy. I've had my Ranger for 8 years and still haven't gotten the lift on it yet.
  14. SenorNoob

O2 Sensor Downstream

Early 4.0 still only had a single a O2. Mine does. It thinks it's a 92. The engine was from a 93 and had just enough exhaust attached to see it was setup for 2 O2s.
  15. SenorNoob

2.9 to 4.0

In an 88, 4.0 swap is a fair bit of custom wiring if you wanna keep your dash. Almost all the mechanical bits swap though. 4.0 can be bolted to 2.9 flywheel, clutch and transmission. The 2.9 clutch will slip before you do too much damage to the transmission.
  16. SenorNoob

Just installed a 4in roughcountry lift need help

The crossmember was riveted on my truck. So cut apart, then spacers and bolts as needed.
  17. SenorNoob

Differences Between 93-97 and 98+ Standard Cab Seat Tracks?

I've got 01 explorer seats. They are bolted to my factory 88 rails. The recline mechanism is part of the seat. Oddly enough on the driver side, the seat pan sticks back too far putting the recline mechanism completely off the back of the rail. I broke 2 seat pans before I realized what was...
  18. SenorNoob

2.9 to 4.0 swap

Into a '90? I'd be trying to find a '90 4.0 harness and roll with it. (91 and 92 should be really close too.) However, knowing how hard that could be. It should be possible to adapt your existing harness if you're good with diagrams and multimeter. If you alter, you'll need at least the...
  19. SenorNoob

9 volts and dropping

If you're really at 9v, it wouldn't be starting.
  20. SenorNoob

Drive shaft

If you know how much longer you need, try a local salvage yard. Find one that has driveshafts on a shelf/wall with tags. When they aren't busy , you might be surprised how willing some are to help you find something that will work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad