• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Angie

needing 90 degree oil relocation @ block

hey all, anyone know of where I can order 90 degree oil relocation adaptors for the block side of the swap? i don't need a complete kit as I will buy the oil filter holder separatley, plus get my lines and fittings custom made at a hose shop. wondering if anyone knows a place that sells just the...
  2. Angie

info about 164 tooth flywheel & starters

Hey all, Found a starter that was on a 302 in my pile of "parts". want to know if anyone knows/has a chart for ring teeth and starter teeth counts. The starter engaged when hit with 12 volts, and will bolt to the FMX transmission. The flywheel has 164 teeth, how many should the starter have...
  3. Angie

torque converter lockup ??

""" Head scratch... yes I fully agree spark and such, but hot or cold wouldn't affect spark. you have it or you don't .... One other thing has entered my mind... would a torque converter act this way under any circumstances...
  4. Angie

deleting pcm what is needed for carb motor

Hey all, not sure how to word that "title" however, I need to know what, if anything, is needed to keep from the PCM on a swap 1991(ish) to carb. I will be running electric fuel pump, with separate on/off switch, relay. (and inertia switch) keeping all these electrical items (as in) staying...
  5. Angie

Wrong gas gauge resistor

way back when i did the tank on my truck, i placed in the wrong resistor for the needle's full e marks. when tank is full it reads full. but when tank drops about an 1/4 it goes to empty. is there a way to place an in line resistor to correct the mix up? I can't take the box off to get at the...
  6. Angie

Wanted Rear sump oil pan for 351C M or 400

Seeking any leads on a reasonably priced rear sump oil pan for a 351Cleve block, 351M or 400 will also be the same. cheers and thanks
  7. Angie

WHO was looking for turn signals for older LTD11 and rancharo?

I cannot find the original post from a person who was seeking turn signal cases. can you link this to that post? cheers
  8. Angie

will a hot alternator kill an engine

I am scratching my head on this one... just started 3 days ago. when cold the truck starts easy, drives good. nothing out of the ordinary. After driving about 10 miles (15KMS) at a red light the truck will stall. I let it sit for a few minutes, then hit the key and the truck will start. if i...
  9. Angie

day to re-arrange the furniture ...

Guys, does this happen in your house? Or I am the only lucky guy that gets this hassle ....?? Seems every year about this time, the tree comes down, the decorations get put away... then the other half thinks its a great time to rearrange the furniture in the whole house.... Starts something...
  10. Angie

piston ring cross usages

I posted this same question a couple days back on a different site, and no replies. thought i would see what you guys think about this. cheers On my shelf I have 3 boxes of Hastings rings for a straight 6 300 that are 4.030. My Cleveland is 4.030. This has me thinking if I can use these rings...
  11. Angie

thinking about 351 Cleveland build in a '90

Hey all, Looking for guys who have placed a 351C into a ranger. what have you learnt from the experience, and what would you do differently if you were to do it again? I have all I need, plus more. 3 transmissions, 2XC6 and the 1 I am thinking of using is the FMX. a 9" rear, and will take...
  12. Angie

anyone drive a ford 7.3 diesel?

I don't know where to post this question.... Not a ranger topic, but still a ford topic... Angie is looking into us buying a used small motor home for touring around in. and she has her eyes on a couple fords with a 7.3 diesel engine in them. Do you have a vehicle with this engine in it? if...
  13. Angie

remote kill switch

Has anyone ever used or wired in 1 of these into a vehicle before? if you have do you recommend them and how well do they work? will they work ok in a between battery/starter/high output alternator setup? wired chevy style with the single wire. this will be wired at the battery on that...
  14. Angie

5&6 cylinders have a bad miss

Extremely confused on this one. After a blown gasket replacement for the 5&6, the engine has what feels to be 2 dead cylinders. From the start... when I bought this truck it had a strange miss,so I just replaced the engine with a good 1 I had from an explorer that I scrapped (kept engine as it...
  15. Angie

Blown head gasket replacing 4.L

This takes off from upper intake removal. As I didn't take any pics before this section. I have the driver head off this is how I left it last night. The clean piston top is the blown head gasket. So after the head is removed a look over the gasket shows the problems. After the heads are...
  16. Angie

THIS ISN'T A PLEASE HELP SECTION

Why can't members post in the proper areas? Or Management move more posts to proper areas? I thought this area was for projects and builds.... cheers (starting to look sloppy in here)
  17. Angie

Hood Pins

Wondering what set of hood pins will work best with 1983 ranger? If you have placed a set in your truck, what ones did you use? any pics? thanks cheers
  18. Angie

ranger has competition = maverick

I thought this was a joke till explored the reality of it.... what are your thoughts? why another truck is mine.... https://www.ford.ca/trucks/maverick/2022/
  19. Angie

deleting hood supports

Getting the hood ready for louvers and want to know if anyone has deleted the center support and the 2 small angled supports before? and if you have how much did the hood bounce or move when the truck was driven? My plan is to cut those out to give the louvers a cleaner look and more spacial...
  20. Angie

vancouver area body shop to cut louvers?

This is a long shot for my general area. Anyone from here that lives near my area, know of a body shop or custom guy who cuts/owns a louver punch? I want to add louvers into a spare hood I have for my 1st gen truck and do a second hood with pins and louvers for a different look on the truck...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad