• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A not so simple ranger

Well I went back for the camper, put new gas tanks, sending units, fuel lines, and pump in it. And then I was all excited to start it and it still ran like crap, so I finally got the rebuild kit for the carb today and put it together, and got all excited again, and it ran bad still, then I saw...
  2. A not so simple ranger

I thought it through, and I decided to replace both tanks, sending units, the fuel tank switch, fuel lines, pump, and filter. Several reasons led me down this path, for one I really do plan on using this thing for a long while, and don’t want my first attempt to clean a gas tank to cause me...
  3. A not so simple ranger

I had to leave the camper at a friends house not the old lady, I know some of you may think I made the wrong choice
  4. A not so simple ranger

Well I saw it, it’s beautiful, F250 cab and chassis. The 300 inline 6. Dolphin camper on the back, engineered for love, all the appliances worked it’s got a built in kolher generator that runs off the gas tank, pretty cool rig. So I bought it yesterday, purred great in the driveway, even more...
  5. A not so simple ranger

I’m going to check it out today, she said she can’t meet until 5:30 so I hope she remembers to go to a notary before or we’ll be stuck without a title till Monday. I’m just hoping she doesn’t back out because she promised it to some adult kid or something weird, we are in Montana, so campers...
  6. Need advice on a potential purchase

I’m guessing she just said v6 because that’s what she’s used to hearing for 6cyl motors, I’m sure it’s probably 4.9. That also better explains the thing having 8 lugs on the front and rear axles, and the horizontal marker lights on the front fender, vs the vertical ones the rangers have, and...
  7. Need advice on a potential purchase

09fx4guy, and cschannuth you guys are right, while talking with the owner she said it had a v6, and it was the original motor (she didn’t say ranger or f series she just called it a Ford camper). Me, thinking that the only trucks I could find any info on online, were the Toyota dolphins I just...
  8. A not so simple ranger

Yep I was totally wrong, thanks for helping me figure it out. When I talked to the lady she said it had a v6 so my mind didn’t question it I just figured it was a ranger because the only thing I could find that was even close online was the Toyota version, and the rangers had the v6. Maybe she...
  9. Need advice on a potential purchase

I think you’re right, I looked at some pictures and 83 rangers have a vertical front marker light and 83 f series have a horizontal. I only got side pictures and nothing from the front and with the fender flare it looks just like a ranger to me
  10. A not so simple ranger

You are right, I didn’t even notice that, but it has to be a ranger cab on that thing. I’m meeting the owner Friday so weather I buy it or not I’ll get some better pictures, my only thought would be I’m wrong and it’s not a ranger cab, but that would explain the eight lugs on the front and rear...
  11. Need advice on a potential purchase

My biggest concern is the 2.8 and the automatic from 1983 pushing around 4000lbs or so. Is there a chance I can get more than the 61k on it or do you think the motor/trans will fail before 100k because of all the weight?
  12. Need advice on a potential purchase

Single rear wheels and 8 lugs on the front too, I haven’t seen it in person yet, I’m meeting them on Friday, I’m trying to learn as much as I can before then so I don’t buy a lawn ornament
  13. A not so simple ranger

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have might have any advice on this 83 Ford ranger dolphin camper, someone offered me a pretty good deal on taking it off their hands and it’s got 61k original miles, the 2.8 v6, and automatic transmission, it’s pretty cheap, plus there’s lots of motor swap...
  14. Need advice on a potential purchase

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have might have any advice on this 83 Ford ranger dolphin camper, it’s got 61k original miles, the 2.8 v6, and automatic transmission, it’s pretty cheap, plus there’s lots of motor swap options when it burns up. Is there anything I should be weary of? I’m not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad