• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97Ranger3.0

93 ranger budget sas

I'm surprised there's so much info on here about doing the 85 F350 master swap but none about this one. The F350 master swap seems far more complicated considering our Rangers use metric fittings, and the F350 master does not, plus the ports are on the opposite side of the master and it needs to...
  2. 97Ranger3.0

3.0 Intermittent Stumble then Quit

I had already tried that at some point during the time I had been dealing with this issue with no change. Thank you though.
  3. 97Ranger3.0

97 Ranger Fog Lights Keep Burning Up

On my 97 with fog lights, this thing burns up the H3 bulbs like crazy. I'm wondering if this is a common/known issue and expected, or if it's because I have aftermarket fog light housings. When I bought my truck, the glass housings were busted so I bought a pair off ebay. It seems like water is...
  4. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

Yes, you can kind of see some of it in these pictures from the first post. I had the cab all masked up and shot everything I could reach underneath. I just tried to avoid things like the exhaust, transmission, transfer case, etc. while spraying it. I think I actually masked up the exhaust if I...
  5. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

I finally got around to finishing up the front brake hoses. I made a bracket for the passenger side hardline section for support. And I got rid of the metal brackets on the hoses as suggested by scotts90ranger. I also cut up some heater hose to wrap around the brake hose for some added...
  6. 97Ranger3.0

SOLD! 93-97 Ranger Billet Grille Black (no longer available)

Never heard back from the person who was gonna get it. I'll message you.
  7. 97Ranger3.0

I have someone who said they're gonna come get it tonight. If that falls through though I will let you know.
  8. 97Ranger3.0

For Sale Stock Intake for 97 3.0 Ranger w/ K&N filter

Complete factory intake setup for a 97 3.0 Ranger. Might fit other years. Comes with a drop in K&N filter, which is in good condition, just needs to be cleaned and re oiled. $40 OBO. Spartanburg county, SC
  9. 97Ranger3.0

Changed this to free. Just want to get rid of it, I'd rather someone take it and put it to use than to toss it.
  10. 97Ranger3.0

For Sale Transmission crossmember

Stock transmission crossmember from a 97 4wd Ranger. $40 OBO. Located in Spartanburg County, SC
  11. 97Ranger3.0

Speedometer correction

Thank you so much for that! I had previously read in a tech article somewhere on here that 95 and up Rangers need an electronic device to re-calibrate the speedometer, and I've been putting off fixing my speedometer because of that. I'm glad it'll be as simple as swapping the gear out.
  12. 97Ranger3.0

Speedometer correction

So just to confirm, this is true even for Rangers that don't use a speedometer cable but have the speed sensor on the transfer case? Reason I'm asking is I have a 97, it doesn't have a speedometer cable, and for some reason I was under the impression the gear setup was only for the cable style.
  13. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

Finally got a set of 33s for the truck! :love: I still have some odds and ends to finish up before I'd consider the truck to be 100% after the lift install, but finding the time is the hardest part
  14. 97Ranger3.0

3.0 Intermittent Stumble then Quit

PROBLEM (seems to be) SOLVED This is crazy, but I think I've fixed the problem. So this problem was very intermittent originally, but lately it was getting worse and worse. The truck was getting almost undriveable, the only way I could drive it was to drive with the MAF unplugged. So for kicks...
  15. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

Huh, I hadn't even thought about just getting rid of them lol... Do you remember how you got them off? I don't really like the idea of taking a cutoff wheel to them that close to the rubber hose. And I agree with you there, especially on the passenger side - it can move quite a lot. The zip ties...
  16. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

Got some extended brake lines installed. I went the cheaper route and made extended lines based on some articles I've found on here. I used front brake lines from a 95 K2500 Suburban with the 8600 GVW. It took a little bit of work/modification to get these to work, but nothing too complicated...
  17. 97Ranger3.0

camber with small lift problem.

$100 or best offer. I have all the bolts for them too. You may or may not need drop brackets with a 2" lift, but it seems that every Ranger is a little different. Some people can put leveling springs in their truck and be set, and others end up with excessive positive camber that can't be...
  18. 97Ranger3.0

camber with small lift problem.

There are some companies that make axle pivot brackets for lifts smaller than 4" to correct camber issues. Tuff Country is one of them. I have a set of these for sale, they're for lifts in the 1.5-2.5" range, although I don't remember who made these. I ran these with 1.5" leveling springs, and...
  19. 97Ranger3.0

Extended Sway Bar Links for TTB Rangers

I read somewhere on here recently that rear sway bar links from a 95-01 Explorer would work for the front of a lifted TTB Ranger, so I wanted to share my experience with this. I bought a set of these, but it turns out that the top bolt on these links is facing the wrong way. I believe to make...
  20. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

No, it's a pretty simple job at least on my 97. I'm not sure the difficulty on a 99, but I can't imagine it's that much different although I know the pedal assembly is different. Also, I'm not sure replacing the front cable would fix that unless the cable was seized or something like that. Do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad