• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Are fine-wire spark plugs good for my truck?

92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. It's time to change my spark plugs. For many years. I have used the standard, cheap Motorcraft SP419 plugs. I am planning on installing the SP486 platinum fine-wire plugs because these are supposed to last longer. Are there any disadvantages in using these fine-wire...
  2. Which one is alternator output connection at starter relay?

I have a 92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. I need to test my alternator/voltage regulator for excessive voltage, with my multi-meter. The instructions in the manual say connect the positive lead to the alternator output connection at the starter relay. I included a photo of the starter relay. Which...
  3. Did I wire this turn signal pigtail incorrectly?

I have a 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. Earlier this year, I crimped on a new left front turn signal/parking lamp connector since I was having lighting issues. Ever since, the left turn signal is diminished and flashes erratically only when the headlights are turned on. Also, the left turn...
  4. 475,000 mile F7 rear axle

I have a 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. It has the 7.5 inch limited slip rear axle with 4.10 gear ratio I've monitored a humming noise from my rear differential for a long time. It kinda' sounds like those big off-road tires. I had bearings replaced in my rear axle assembly about 10 years...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad