• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HenryMac

2019 and Up Ranger Super Cab Owners: You Folks Received The Recall Notice For Faulty Seat Belts?

My "adventure" was at a Toyota dealership, back in 2014 when we owned our 2002 Tacoma. I called corporate, they said the dealership was independent, nothing they could do. You could tell they couldn't care less. That's one reason I'm driving a Ford now. I'm weary from fighting battles due...
  2. HenryMac

Moving the Seat Tracks

I've often thought moving the drivers seat back another 2 inches would be optimal in our 2019 SuperCab. My right knee currently bangs into the center section of the dash. I'm hoping to do this in the spring unless there is something that prevents it. I bought and installed extensions for my...
  3. HenryMac

2019 Ranger Missing 2 of the 6 Bed Tie Down Brackets

Sure, but it is supposed to be things that also make the product better. I guess they could also not ship them with a hood? I mean, do you really "need" a hood? Or do you even need fenders? Or do you need bumpers?
  4. HenryMac

2019 and Up Ranger Super Cab Owners: You Folks Received The Recall Notice For Faulty Seat Belts?

Sure, they are liable... and I get to spend another day driving back to the dealership to get it fixed. Did I ever tell you about the time I took my factory fresh, never been messed with, truck into the dealership for new front shocks, and when I got it home there were no cotter pins in the...
  5. HenryMac

Well done. I'm a Mech Engineer.. and had never heard the term "Value Engineer" :icon_confused: Value Engineering - Overview, History, Steps, and Examples (corporatefinanceinstitute.com) I always worked at small companies though, so we were all doing "value engineering", we just didn't have...
  6. HenryMac

Taking the the time to do the things you enjoy in life is much more important than making money. Some folks never learn that lesson.
  7. HenryMac

I don't know. I simply don't like folks messing with my vehicle. What will the technician screw up.. while doing the recall work? Will they update software, or do something you didn't know they were going to do? The other issue for us is it's a 45 minute drive, one way, to get to a Ford dealer.
  8. HenryMac

Maybe swap your homemade brackets for the front or rear factory ones, then put the factory brackets in the center? The recess that's built into the bed wall allows you to route a larger clevis or use of a heavy / thick rope or strap to be used.
  9. HenryMac

I've received 2 notices in the mail. Basically a couple pages instructing on how to check the seat belt. More here: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/ford-ranger-pickup-truck-recall-seat-belt-problem-a9081261778/
  10. HenryMac

Mice in cab, heads up 2019+ owners.

I knew when I changed the cabin air filter the first time, and there were aspen leaves laying on it, that vermin would have no problem accessing the cab. Question: Could a fella simply cut a piece of metal screen door material the same size as the cabin air filter, and place it on top of the...
  11. HenryMac

Uh Oh.....MPG controversy....

Hand calculated or truck computer? My average is about the same as yours, 27 mpg. But 31-38 mpg? :icon_surprised: On our 2019 Ranger... maybe downhill, with a stiff tail wind.
  12. HenryMac

Ranger Tops In Reliability

Opinions Vary.....
  13. HenryMac

New Ranger, no defrost?

Opinions Vary...
  14. HenryMac

App Issue

It's hard to believe these trucks have so much bullshit on them that can leave you stranded. Is your truck an XL, XLT or a Lariat?
  15. HenryMac

Roll Over

Probably had the dealer install a tailgate damper, his purse fell on the floor, and he couldn't hit the brake. I've seen it a million times.
  16. HenryMac

Is there a way to spin a wheel with a drill?

Slips happens, that's why they are called "slippers". :not_i:
  17. HenryMac

Largest tire you can put on a 2019 Ford Ranger without a lift

Clearance from top of tire to wheel arch opening on my stock 2019 FX4 is: 6" Front 7-3/4" Back Your truck has been altered with a lift or something of that nature. And the biggest stock tire that came on the trucks, from the factory, were 265/65 Who did you buy the truck from, an individual...
  18. HenryMac

What did you do to your 2019 and up Ranger today?

"Lubed the brakes" ... tell me more.
  19. HenryMac

TRS Word Association Game

Vaporized