• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88xltranger

Good fabricator in NC?

Not sure where to post this but I'm looking for someone who can fabricate for me. Stuff like tube frames or custom suspension setups. Life is not at a point where I have much time to tackle projects of that caliber.
  2. 88xltranger

5v sources on 1988 ranger?

From my experience it seems like a ground issue but everywhere that should be ground, is a good ground.
  3. 88xltranger

Correct, both sides are showing 5v. Sometimes they both light up, sometimes only one. When its only one, if I unplug the lit bulb, the other side will light up. I will unplug the multifunction switch in the morning but I believe that is why I replaced it already. So far nothing I have poked or...
  4. 88xltranger

Dash bulbs are still incandescent, havent checked voltage at them but I have leds coming for them which should be here today. Only place i have 5v is on the signal side of the rear lights. I have a good diagram of the entire truck. I have already tried pulling all fuses and they never went out...
  5. 88xltranger

The voltage only appears with key on. It appears on the turn signal/hazard side. The lights function completely normally. They dim and brighten up with brakes and all signals work as they should with 12v. Its just rather annoying to see them dimly lit up everytime I turn the key switch on.
  6. 88xltranger

I've never had a problem personally with them aside from this truck. From searches I havent found a similar issue.
  7. 88xltranger

Im not saying its a short to 5v, but I'm thinking a 5v signal is somehow making its way through the lights. Maybe they are acting as a ground path. Im not sure.
  8. 88xltranger

I'm usually pretty good with eletrical but this truck throws me off for some reason. I havent changed sockets but I've checked and they seem fine. I have new 3157 sockets but I havent put them in. If anybody is well versed in electrical diagnostics, I did get a weird reading with my digital...
  9. 88xltranger

I've checked or replaced everything I thought could be related including both hazard and flasher relays, light switch, multifunction switch and brake switch. I dont know where the ground for the rear lights terminates but I did cut the grounds out and grounded them individually for testing. Same...
  10. 88xltranger

I know that there is a resistor in the gauges that converts 12v to 5v, but is there any other places on the truck that gets 5v? Im having roughly 5v bleed into my turn signal wiring lighting up the rear LEDs dimly.
  11. 88xltranger

New problem(to me) LEDs

Another note, I have read about older vehicles and LED 1157 bulbs causing backfeeding but I'm not sure that is what is happening here. I may be wrong but I have tried several different bulbs.
  12. 88xltranger

New problem(to me) LEDs

1988 with 2.9, installed LEDs in all exterior lights and replaced hazard and flasher relays with externally grounded LED compatible ones. I've never had a problem in any vehicle I've put them in but this one is giving me weird problems. Key off, brake, signals and tails work correctly. Key on...
  13. 88xltranger

88 XLT restomod

Updates are few and far between due to renovations and multiple vehicle projects but I finally have a small one. Removed the non functional a/c compressor long ago to make more space and finally got around to removing the other underhood components, also did a coolant flush since I needed it...
  14. 88xltranger

1976 f100 5.0 put in 93 ranger 4.0 4wd ?

Haha nothing set in stone at this point
  15. 88xltranger

If the water outlet is on the driver side, yes.
  16. 88xltranger

Can you post a picture of the alternator mounting upper and lower please?
  17. 88xltranger

1978 F100 Ranger

Still dont have alternator or power steering mounted but still progress none the less. Truck started, idled and moved under its own power to its new place beside my other fords.
  18. 88xltranger

1978 F100 Ranger

If I do end up swapping it in the the ranger I'm sure I'll change out most of that stuff. It has to be better in stock form than a worn the worn out 2.9 thats in the ranger now.
  19. 88xltranger

1978 F100 Ranger

Good to know. I dont have any immediate serious plans for it except get it running decent and seeing if it is a good candidate to donate its drivetrain. Most likely I will get it going and jump to another project for awhile. This truck, my ranger, my subaru and my guns are all on going projects...