• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2010 Fusion Question

For anyone who's worked on a Fusion, how bad is it to replace an engine? I have a friend with one and one of the valves disintegrated, so he's looking at putting a salvaged engine in. The shop manual says the engine comes out the bottom, but that's difficult without a hoist. Can it come out...
  2. Dickinson, ND Ranger for Sale

Not mine, but saw during one of my CL browses. https://bismarck.craigslist.org/bar/d/dickinson-2wd-ford-ranger-great-mileage/7414785905.html
  3. Ranger Rear Cab Window

I was poking around on my break and noticed a window for a Ranger in an auction that's in Madison, IA. It's extra late notice, almost closing time for the auction so I apologize, but I didn't see it until just now. Looks like nobody's bid on it. Figured I'd post it here in case anyone in the...
  4. 1st Gen. Ranger “Explorer”

I saw a first gen Ranger in a parking lot yesterday that had some body striping and “Explorer” stickers. I thought I remembered this being an options package for full size Ford trucks. It had horn cleats along the sides of the bed, the stickers, and an overdrive badge on the tailgate. Looked to...
  5. COLD!

It's been highs in the teens/single digits below and lows in the -20s for the last week or so. Looks like another week or so at least. What does my Ranger decide to do? Dump all its freshly changed oil on the drive home from work! I noticed low oil pressure and pulled over, 4 miles from...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Pinging?

I was driving home on the freeway today at about 75mph and noticed a metallic noise when I was accelerating to pass someone. I’ve never had pinging demonstrated to me so I’m not exactly sure what it sounds like, but I suspect that is what was happening. I have a small exhaust leak just behind...
  7. 2014 Fiesta Ringing Noise

My Mom has a 2014 Fiesta with a three cylinder engine. It’s making a noise like a small bell from the top of the engine. I didn’t have a lot of time to look it over but best I can tell it’s coming from a cylindrical piece on the top drivers side of the engine about 2 inches in diameter. It looks...
  8. Big Truck/Little Truck

After swapping transmissions in my Ranger a month or so ago I'm now pulling the trans out of my 94 F250. It doesn't really look that different when installed, but holy crap what a difference! I had the old Ranger TK4 transmission in a corner of the shed and walked by it and had to laugh, it...
  9. 94 F250 Diesel Jumps When Taking Off

I just picked up a 94 F250 with the NA IDI diesel and 5 speed manual. When I take off from a stop the truck shudders and hops. Once underway it’s smooth, and gear changes are uneventful. At first I thought it was me not doing things right. I’ve had many manual gas engine vehicles but It’s my...
  10. TK4 Noise

My truck had a TK4 transmission and it was making a noise like static on the radio. Up until a few weeks ago it would only do it for a while in the winter when cold and clear up after a few miles. Now it’s a fair bit louder when cold and hosts down, but doesn’t go away after any length of...
  11. TK5 Overdrive Oil

Maybe a dumb question, but I wanted to make sure. I remember reading somewhere that some transmissions separated the main and overdrive oil. Is the TK5 one of those or do you just fill until at the level of the plug in the main case?
  12. TK5 Input Shaft Bearing

I was looking over a TK5 I just got and have a question. Whe I grab the input shaft near where it goes into the flywheel and wiggle side to side it moves a lot. If I grab it right by the bearing and do the same there isn’t much play at all. So the shaft doesn’t have much radial movement but...
  13. Wanted 2.0 Lima Intake Manifold

I’m looking for an intake manifold for the 2.0/Aisin carb.
  14. Jack Stands/Safety

I wanted to share something that happened this weekend. I was working on a car replacing rear shocks. One of the lower bolts was being stubborn so I got under the car on the creeper to work at it. When I was backing the bolt out with an impact it caught the edge of the jack stand and slid it...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1983 Motor Mounts

I was looking for motor mounts and the ones specified for my 2.3 don't look like the ones actually in my truck. The ones Rockauto suggests are roundish with three posts to mount to the frame. Mine look more like the ones suggested for the 2.8 V6. I plan to just order the V6 ones and go from...
  16. 2.3L ('83-'97) Carter YFA to Holley 5200 Swap

I figured I would start a new thread so it's easier to find if someone else ever tries to change from the Carter 1bbl to the Holley 5200 2bbl carburetor. My original YFA was shot and I was hoping to get a simpler carb on the truck without electronic feedback. I think my Ranger is one of the...
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3L 1BBL Carb Options

I have a 1983 2wd MT with 2.3L engine. The throttle shaft has a lot of play in my YFA feedback carb. Ideally, I'd like to find a non-feedback version of what I have that will bolt to my intake. I don't need performance and I'm not keen on finding a different intake to use and going through...
  18. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1983 Down on Power

My trusty old Ranger started acting up this morning. It seems low on power. This morning something seemed off but I thought maybe it was just the strong headwind. Coming home from work was an equally strong tailwind and still had the issue. I could swear i heard pinging cruising at about 1/4...
  19. 2.3L One Piece Oil Pan Gasket

Is there a one piece oil pan gasket that will fit my Ranger? It's a 1983 2wd with a 2.3L engine. When I rebuilt the engine a few years back I put the four piece one on as it's all I could find. It leaks, and I was thinking one piece might be better? If there is one available, does anyone...
  20. TK4 Slave Cylinder Cover

My Ford manual says there should be a cover that goes over the slave cylinder on my TK4. Mine's not there. Does anyone have a spare cover? If so, is anyone willing to part with one? It can't be good having the slave hanging out like that. Unfortunately, I don't have any yards nearby that...