• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 Ranger 3.0 --> 5.0

only thing i can say is make absolutely sure you have everything ready to go and you have every single tool youll need. Any trips to the store will waste time. The t5 shouldnt be as beefy as the 4r70w so it will be easier to install but you have to nail down the clutch plumbing if you dont have...
  2. 2000 Ranger 3.0 --> 5.0

It took me 3 and a half days to do this swap in one go, since it is my daily. But if I were to do it a second time im sure it would take even less time. The prep time was around a year and a half only because of a lack of free time
  3. 2000 Ranger 3.0 --> 5.0

oh yeah, it's my daily driver
  4. 2000 Ranger 3.0 --> 5.0

Last time i looked for crossmember clearance, it was level with the oil pan so i think it will be fine at this point. If i need to remove the spacer i've got the means to do so.
  5. 2000 Ranger 3.0 --> 5.0

i opted to run a non-ffv regulator in the tank to avoid anything complicated I am currently running the fan with no shroud because i do not have one, again, no cooling issues All i know is that the drivers side plate had a small spacer bit that I did use. other than that, no spacers. the oil pan...
  6. 2000 Ranger 3.0 --> 5.0

So, I've already completed this swap, after taking many months of time to gather resources, do some homework, and jump into the grease pit but it was worth it. My vehicle is a 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 FFV 2wd (non-edge) I did not make use of a donor vehicle for this swap. Here's the information...