• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New pushrods wobble?!?

I bought some Melling pushrods and the pressed in ball on each end isn’t perfectly centered. When I roll them, the rods wobble a bit. The rod itself is perfectly straight, but the ball caused wobble worries me. The original pushrods are perfectly straight, but are a little chewed up on the end...
  2. Replacing valve seals - dropped a pushrod on the cement

So, I am not inclined to re-use the pushrod as the end was buggered up a bit. I was thinking of replacing the pushrods and maybe the rockers as there is a bit of wear on the ends. Two of them have ugly grooves cut in the metal, the others are polished. Is there any specific brand you guys...
  3. Alternator Brand ??

Ok gents, which brand to go with... I've heard so many stories of each brand, I'm overly confused. I'm tempted to just get an Autozone / O'Reilly with a lifetime warranty and call it done. Unless someone has a better idea? I am shooting for the 95 -> 130A upgrade on my '94 - 4.0 Ranger. Tim
  4. 94 Ranger alternator upgrade

I'm looking into doing the 130a switch, and I'm finding part numbers for the 4.0 Explorer are different depending on which model of 4.0 engine came in the explorer. I've read that 96-98 Explorers are what you want to use as a direct drop in replacement, but the 97 and 98 have 4.0L OHV and 4.0L...
  5. 94 Ranger rear sway bar / torsion bar

I am not quite sure what to call it, but the rubber bushings are shot. Can I buy new bushings, or should I replace the entire device? Anything would be appreciated! Tim
  6. Speed-o-meter is wonky

So, my speedometer and cruise control are acting up. I hear there are two possible sensors and a cable that could be the culprit. I have the rear diff sensor already to go in. I need to know about the transmission sensor and cable. When it comes to sensors/cables like these, I will only by...
  7. Differential grenaded - upgrade to limited slip time?

So, the old _rear_ diff/axles in my 94 4.0 XLT 4x4 went boom (slow leak over 26 years and yeah...). I am going to just buy a re-manufactured diff/axle assembly (everything is setup, I just basically bolt it on and go). I don't want to bother with buying an old one and having it fixed up. With...
  8. 94 ranger shocks torque. Do or do not?

I’m trying to put in a set of bilstein b6 4600 shocks and the repair manual says close to 30 ft/lbs on the top nut. Ive Tried getting the nut that tight, but the rubber bushings were getting too flat and I was afraid they might smoosh out. I’ve read a lot of folks saying just tighten them...
  9. '94 Ranger - heated exterior mirror mod?

Does anyone know of a place I can get some heated mirrors that would physically mount up? (wiring isn't an issue for me) I hate scraping ice on cold mornings. I guess I've been spoiled by my Acura RLX. :giggle: Tim
  10. 94 Ranger - Shocks and spring question

I recently acquired a '94 - 4.0 XLT ext. cab with the heavy duty factory suspension option. I need to replace the shocks and I do not know what to get. On a previous 4x4, I went with Rancho 5000s. I would like to get something better than stock; something for the street and mild off-roading...