• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wiring for Fuel Gauge in Dashboard

@franklin2 I've been doing the odometer triped. I can get up to 300 miles on a Full Tank before needing a refill.. I would love to see how much that is MPG but I can't find any information on how big my tank is. It's a 91 Ranger XLT Supercab (if I didn't mention that earlier). I will try the...
  2. Wiring for Fuel Gauge in Dashboard

Hi All, I was just wondering what wire(s) coming from the Fuel Pump Assembly goes to the Gas Gauge in the Cluster Panel? The Gas Gauge basically just shows whatever it wants, I tried to manually move it to after I made sure the tank was filled, but that doesn't seem to work. The issue was...
  3. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I am going to ask it anyways. I cleared all the codes on the truck and I got it running rough yesterday. Well it's not actively throwing any codes for the 2 hours it ran yesterday, but it's not even wanting to start today. The air intake and the air...
  4. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

@Kira Thank you! I apologize for my ignorance on the wrong terminology, I'm trying to teach myself this stuff. I when I switched 4 & 5 and it started, I kinda figured that it was incorrect. My brother in law changed the spark plugs/wires like a month ago, but when I first opened this post is...
  5. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Update: I messed with the Spark Plug Distrubotor and the thing actually cranked! It was running very rough though. I also found out that my brother in law recently did the spark plugs, but he drove it to/from work for a few weeks before this issue started. The codes it's throwing now are P0453...
  6. 1991 Ford Ranger AC Missing

Ahhhh Thank you! I have a purple wire that comes off the AC Control Panel Knob in the Cab, and I literally traced the wire all the way to the wiring that runs to some kind of connector before it reaches the AC Compressor. It's literally the only wire off the AC Control Panel Knob that I can't...
  7. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

I just went back and re-read the comments, if I can't get the engine to actually start (it tries to turn but it just getting gas, no air). How can I record the voltages it's suppose to get? Is there an alternative test I could try to do? To try to isolate the voltage issue on the 3 error codes.
  8. 1991 Ford Ranger AC Missing

@RonD If I can ask, do you happen to know where the WOT for the AC Compressor is located? I know that the knob that the AC Control Knob connects to has a purple wire and I've tracked said wire to under the main fuse panel with the 60 Amp Ignition, etc. I honestly have no idea what this device...
  9. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Well I'm going to be ordering a new CamSaft sensor and Fuel Tank Pressure since I've been asking some local mechanics as well as here and Ranger Nation Facebook Group. I just found out that if I can get this truck running, My father in law is giving it to me.
  10. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

So I replaced the Thermostat, ECT, and ECS. I also replaced the battery, It's pouring rain so I couldn't do the code scan, but the truck still doesn't want to turn over due to lack of air. Is there anything else I can try? I even took the air intake off but the truck still not getting air.
  11. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Ok so I know I am not a mechanic, so I really need some input. 1. I am replacing the thermastat as well as a precaution, when I went to drain the antifreeze, it's red like it's rusty. When I took the old thermastat off, it looks like rust in the engine. Can that be clean/flushed out? 2. I...
  12. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

I ordered a Motorcraft ECT Sensor from my local autostore. It'll be in Friday and of course my father in law doesn't know since he is in denial. I'm still troubleshooting the voltage, the battery is dead now so it's most likely a voltage related issue, just gota see if I can narrow it down.
  13. Dropping the drive shaft

I put everything back on as tight as I could with the 2piece driveshaft and it seems to work fine now. I get a squealing sound occasionally but maybe it's because the bearing hasn't been broken in yet? I'm still looking to get the solid 1 piece though so hopefully my truck can last long enough...
  14. Dropping the drive shaft

Welp I ran into an issue. Finally got the center bearing, I slip it on but I can't get the yolk to go far back like it was, with the old bearing the yolk went back 10/16s from the half curve to the end of the bolt. With the new bearibg, the yolk only goes back 5/16s. I can't get the yolk to...
  15. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Okay, I think I've been getting my definition of "rich" and "lean" mixed then lol. My apologies. So it's not getting enough air. I took the Air Intake off yesterday, but that didn't change anything. Since I work until 7pm CST, I don't really have time to look at it. I'll be off Sunday and can...
  16. Dropping the drive shaft

Ok, So I don't have anything to worry about on mine since I do not ever plan on messing with the height of it. Unless the height of my truck changes when I get the suspension checked/replaced.
  17. Dropping the drive shaft

Would there be anything I can do to try to combat the whirling? or would it be like just getting another one?
  18. Dropping the drive shaft

@don4331 I stopped by Bama Parts today and the only one that they seem to have is a 2003 Extended Ranger driveshaft. it's about 3 times the size of mine is now (diameter wise, not the ends, but the Shraft itself, the part that goes in the transmission and rear axle seems to be the same) and...
  19. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

It seems like the truck isn't getting gas even when the gas pedal is pressed. I hear the humming from the Fuel Pump so I know it's at least getting power. I had a 2000 Sunfire with the same issue, and the Fuel Filter was clogged, so I think he wants to go that route (I don't think it'll hurt...
  20. Father In Law Ranger Help.. Engine Starts, but dies.. P0118, P0175, P0394, P0453

Maybe the new sensor is defective, I'll see if he wants to replace it again, I don't know what brand he got, but maybe I'll see if he wants to try the motorcraft version since it's essentially Ford Approved. If it's not the sensor directly, then maybe it's the wiring to the sensor is my next guess.