• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1992 ranger 2.9 engine swap for 1999 explorer 4.0

I have done some research and I have found that some 4.0 engines can blot straight up to a 1992 ranger 2.9. I am wondering if a 1999 explorer 4.0 will blot right on the tranny, and motor mounts?
  2. Fm146 torque converter?

Does a fm146 have a torque converter inside the transmission?
  3. FM146 transmission rebuild

Has anyone ever rebuilt a FM146 tranny? If you have I need to know everything. Any manual or repair guide for this transmission? Do I need any special tools? How long will it take? Any expertise will help greatly.
  4. Transmission rebuil

I have FM146 transmission in my 92 Ford Ranger 4wd. I just want to know what brand would be best for this transmission? Would I need any special tools? Are there any repair manuals or guides for this transmission? How long will it take?
  5. Rattling Noise/ Tranny Rebuild

I have a 92 Ford Ranger with a FM146 Tranny. I am hearing this rattling noise when hit the gas. I barely hear it in 1st and 2nd gear. I hear it a little more in 3rd and then the noise gets louder and worse in 4th and 5th gear. It sounds like a rattling/ bearing not properly lubed right or...