• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Acgallen

1993 Mustang Harness into 1992 Ranger Harness Help

Bought the adapter plates with the 5.0 mounts. The convertible mustang mounts dont seem to work too well. The firewall is pretty well gone so just gotta worry about the dash and the shifter. Thanks for the help!
  2. Acgallen

Having alot of problems with the reverse convertable mounts. Seeing how you're engine sits, ill definitely be getting the flat mounts. Currently i dont think i could even get the radiator on so something has to change lol. Most likely will put a switch on push fan for the radiator. What headers...
  3. Acgallen

Im using the recommended convertible mustang mounts, switched left and right. Not sure if the ZF5 has a different location than the M50, but from block to shifter is 15 inches. Not much clearance for the radiator at all
  4. Acgallen

Another detail i failed to mention is im using a ZF5 Transmission. Finding out the fitment is tough, any suggestions about a shifter.
  5. Acgallen

Thank you for the information! Anything helps, will definitely look to buy that guide. Is there a certain place you recommend getting it?
  6. Acgallen

The Ranger wires i cut the second to last pictures are colored as, PNK/BLK, (Thick) LGHTBLU/YLW, PNK/O, GRY/BLK, GRN/YLW, PPL. The adapted black 4 pin connector has a Thick GRY/YLW, PPL, GRY/BLK, PNK/O. The adapted 2 pin connector has the Mustang (2) DRKGRN/YLW spliced into the Ranger GRN/YLW...
  7. Acgallen

So I've finally reached the point where the long block is assembled (for the most part) and now I'm swapping the A9L mustang computer with the matching harness into the ranger. Ive dug around for a while trying to figure out what is necessary to splice. I've found (By Bob) that connector 39 (8...
  8. Acgallen

Difference between a 1970 5.0 vs 1990 5.0 302

Forgot to mention my engine had flat tappet in it already. The engine can be switched both ways, correct? I plan on doing roller rockers later but at the moment don't have the money and would rather get the car functional lol. Thanks for the reply!
  9. Acgallen

Forgot to mention my bronco engine had flat tappet.
  10. Acgallen

Thanks for the info! The 89 bronco engine I have is flat tappet, probably should have mentioned that. So I would need the one piece rear seal instead of the 2 piece? The only reason I'm avoiding summit is they don't have kits with cam and lifters included with pistons. I can definitely buy the...
  11. Acgallen

Little backstory, I'm looking to buy an engine rebuilt kit for my 1989 Bronco 5.0 but cant seem to find a kit that has everything I need. I was looking for a kit that provides hypereutectic pistons, cam, timing, lifters and the gaskets/bearings. I come to find that kit exists but the specs say...
  12. Acgallen

89 Bronco 5.0 Into 92 4.0 Ranger

Plan is to use a T5 tranny. The Engine is out of an 89 Automatic Bronco. My plan is to go to the junkyard to get a manual transmission harness with the computer. If i use the bronco computer in the ranger how what else would i need to wire into the harness?
  13. Acgallen

5.0 EFI Swap 1992 Ranger - Wiring Harness Help

Thank you for that info, i have a auto harness now but am planning on getting a T5. I actually just went to the junkyard and found plenty of old squarebody f150's with 5.0 and 5.8's. Found some with the whole harness and computer in tact, will probobly do that.
  14. Acgallen

92 Ranger 5.0 swap questions

I'm going to buy a T5 probably off Craigslist or a junkyard. So it would be easier to take a harness off a mustang? If it would take 11 wires, where would I find a mass air flow harness lol. Assuming I have a A9L and the harness would it be attaching it in?
  15. Acgallen

92 Ranger 5.0 swap questions

Im currently doing the swap now, what did you end up going with? Im thinking of going to the junkyard and getting the Ecu, Computer and Harness from the same year bronco (already have the engine). My really only concern is do i have to mess with the lights and all the other electric if im doing...
  16. Acgallen

5.0 EFI Swap 1992 Ranger - Wiring Harness Help

Did you end up doing the swap? Working on this same swap myself and getting lost in the wiring.
  17. Acgallen

89 Bronco 5.0 Into 92 4.0 Ranger

As im sure many people have asked the questions im about to ask but the more and more i search its seems endless lol. I have the need for speed (Blown head gasket & low compression) for say and wanted to challenge myself by swapping the 5.0 into the ranger. I have the whole project layed out and...
  18. Acgallen

Small Backfire and Low Compression on Middle Cylinders

Cleaned out all fuel injectors, didnt fix the backfire but it runs a little better
  19. Acgallen

Small Backfire and Low Compression on Middle Cylinders

Ill definitely check that out and see if that fixes the issue