• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Chapap

New rotor is slightly wobbly

Please do dispute it. I’m not really happy with those numbers. They don’t seem to be definitive enough. Might have to get a repair manual. Surely they’re listed in there. Edit: Ah yes, this is where I found that number. https://drivcat.com/HubWheelTorqueTableWindow.aspx?a=6813&q=2WD
  2. Chapap

I found only two mentions of the numbers. One was 20 ftlb on another ranger forum, and the 17-25 ftlb was on one of those paid q/a sites I think.
  3. Chapap

Front corner spring sag?

Replaced left spring, radius arm, and RA bushing. I now have a front left shock too. I’m kinda glad the shock bolt on the radius arm broke, prompting RA replacement. The factory RA bushing must have had some play in it. The left side of the truck sits a bit higher now and it rides oh so much...
  4. Chapap

replaced the rotor and got some USA Timken bearings. Accidentally ordered 4wd bearings the first go round and had to get chi-comm bearings from orileys. Really don’t think over-torquing lug nuts to the point of damage is possible with the tire iron. I was playing with the torque wrench and 100...
  5. Chapap

Snow!

I had to dig out the jacket this morning. Pretty soon I’ll have to swap to long sleeve shirts. I wouldn’t mind spending a winter up north. I sometimes feel left out not knowing about snow chains and shovels and such. It’s funny to me that power tools exist to deal with weather.
  6. Chapap

Shift knob mounting ideas?

One of these days I can. I must currently be able to store all my tools in my toolbox or a portion of a 2.5’x3’ closet.
  7. Chapap

This is where I’m stopping with this particular piece of wood. The tung definitely makes the grain pop more defined and definitely could be the final finish. The polyurethane on top makes much more of a 3D effect to the grain. I put on and sanded off probably 8 coats learning how to make it...
  8. Chapap

Tell us why.

I spent a couple years with new cars and got bored with them. I don’t like the feeling of being scared to get into the engine bay lest I void the warranty. It’s like a hobby for me. Plus it’s always good to know how to make an engine run. Funny story time. I got someone home after an FSU game...
  9. Chapap

Tree guys, Arborists and Riggers… I have questions …

Basic sailing rope is polyester. I always got the little white/red bundles from Home Depot for my Hobie16. For the static rope holding the trampoline together, it’ll last a decade living in direct sunlight. I only changed mine cause I figured it had to be getting weak. For the control sheets it...
  10. Chapap

I was thinking hard about one from this guy until I found this wood knob...
  11. Chapap

So here’s a pretty bad pic of the final product. I have a few questions for the wood folks. What are these tiny divots in the urethane finish? I originally thought that was the end grain soaking up more material than the rest of the wood, but I’m not sure that’s the case after 3 coats. I’m...
  12. Chapap

Now I need a nut so I can tighten the knob down and to cover extra threads. I’d like something that looks a bit more finished than a regular hex nut, but don’t know what to search for. What would this nut be called?
  13. Chapap

Already have one on the way. The Rock Auto warranty replacement seems to just assume you’re telling the truth. Just a few questions then they start replacement. I do pay half the shipping on the new one tho. Any thoughts on brands? Are they all about the same for regular driving? I got the...
  14. Chapap

Mounting Speakers On Trim Panel

Nope. Sounds like utter garbage. The seat soaks up all the highs, the lack of enclosure destroys all bass, and what’s left is worthless. I have the fade turned all the way to front.
  15. Chapap

Going off of simple math, I used probably a 2’ diameter “plus sign” style lug wrench, so each lb applied is one ftlb. I could probably get a solid 200 lbs of force on it, maybe more if I kinda bounced. I didn’t put all my might into tightening the lugs, but I did a good bit, maybe around 150.
  16. Chapap

That may be the winner. I put a little dab of wheel bearing grease on the stud cause I figured it was a good idea. Apparently that causes over torque with a torque wrench. Of course I didn’t use one and probably overtorqued anyway. That combined with the grease may have caused the issue.
  17. Chapap

Im working on it. Gotta replace the swing arm thing cause the mounting point sheared off.
  18. Chapap

I was looking at the reflection of the outer pad and the pad itself. I could see the “gap” in between the two changing. I can take it to my machinist to see if he can do some fine measurements.
  19. Chapap

After an hr of driving, the problem side is a tad warmer than the other side. Both feel cooler than I might expect actually so there shouldn’t be any heat issues. I also don’t have a shock on the problem side. That shouldn’t warp a disc tho.
  20. Chapap

I’ve been hearing a constant click that follows wheel rpm. Pulled the wheel and see an ever so slight warp in the disc. It’s enough to make it difficult to turn when it presses on the inside pad, but it’s fairly free when it’s 180 deg from that point. I haven’t noticed excessive heat, but will...