Search results

1. Sounds like popcorn popping in my exhaust Bank 1

I had a 96 Ranger 4.0 ohc, I put a turbo mounted in the bed over the axle ( factory exhaust was cut were factory routing put it over the axle--front of bed had an under rail tool box--reconnected to factory exhaust after axle ) anyway on a highspeed blast I did pop a headgasket & it sounded...
  2. 1993 Ranger headlight mount

I'll check I may have a couple, I'll check when I get home. ( I'm in Clarksville Tn. there light so shipping should not be much ). , Michael.
  3. Sorry I was gone, had to help a family member with a flooding issue, apparently my phone lost...

Sorry I was gone, had to help a family member with a flooding issue, apparently my phone lost texting ability, so I'll take photo's with wife's phone & text tonight. Also my computer is not needed, as there is no program & I still have to remove the add on fuel pump . ps. Did you check out the...
  4. 1986 ranger utility bed 5.0

Just spotted in Clarksville Tn. at the corner of Kraft st./Riverside dr. and Providence/41A a mid 80's ranger with utility bed & rear dually set up, was unable to photo or turn to follow, rear plate was Tennessee. Hope to see it again, told some friend to watch for it also to get photos. It was...
  5. Hello, I'm located in Clarksville Tn. If you decide you need another 4.0 ohv, and you don't find...

Hello, I'm located in Clarksville Tn. If you decide you need another 4.0 ohv, and you don't find one closer, I do have a spare with about 40,000 miles on it. pm me here or e-mail ncc1701ma@live.com. I also have a 94 & 97 Rangers 4.0/5speed/2wd/ extended cab that I will be stripping for parts...
  6. 1986 ranger utility bed 5.0

To clarify my above statement, Interceptor was just a sticker, the engines were the same as Mustangs except they had silicone hoses for radiator/water pump & heater core & they had higher rated alternators bigger & more grounding straps ( for all the electronics ). Crown Vics were just the...
  7. 1986 ranger utility bed 5.0

The donor engine that was swapped in might have come from a wrecked squad car. The Crown Vics had Interceptor appliques under hood & on trunk lid. The special service package/police ( depends who you talk to & which Ford document you look at ) Mustangs did not say interceptor, now some state...
  8. Part number/source request - cab floor support

I've never changed one, but would you be able to get one from a scrapyard or a wreck at a bodyshop ( just thinking of situations were the cab would already be removed ) good luck.
  9. Clutch issue

I had the same thing happen on my 94 4.0 Ranger. replaced mastercylinder/reservoir assembly & quick connect fitting ( see above ) no issues after that, had about 140,000 miles on the Ranger at that time.
  10. Newly registered

Welcome, good luck with the project. check in the different areas here if you have questions, or post up. Good luck with the brake lines ( take your time ) there not the easiest to do ( bending/double flare ) not sure if there are pre-bent lines avail. Also save take off pieces, Ford has used...
  11. 7.5 differential fill plug

I've seen 7.5 diff covers with fill & drain plugs. This fix would only hurt your wallet ( not sure on prices ), but would make future maint much easier. The new rear diff cover could also be counted as a modification.
  12. Buying rims online.......so confused

To add to above, when your picking new rims, keep in mind your overall tire diameter for drivability, you can go bigger on rim diameter & smaller on side wall height ( with factory suspension cornering gets better, but with smaller than 45 series side walls ride starts to get very harsh )...
  13. Sway Bar

Yspecv19 is correct, I bought mine from SD Truck Springs for my 2011, It went on easy & has worked great, huge difference in cornering.
  14. Turn key and nothing

When it starts with the jumper wire does the engine sound normal ( do you hear the bendex spinning constantly while truck idles ? ). p.s. did you get my p.m. about other parts ?. also my Rangers are 5 speeds, I may have used parts you can try ( mine are 4.0l ) not sure what all crosses over...
  15. 4:10’s swapped to 3:73’s?

I agree with Bird76Mojo.For info I like to use Tire Rack for tire info ( weight/diameter/revolutions ), over the years this has been great for fine tuning final drive ratios to application.
  16. Is this the way all Rangers were equipped? Spare tire

If you look up the tire diam you will see 235/75/15 is 29 in & turns 729 and 235/70/16 is 29 in & turns 729. so overall diam is the same. the 16 will clear bigger brakes/control arms. also note: current vehicles have larger diam rim/tire combo's as factory new. 16"/17"/18"/19" are the new...
  17. What gear to change to?

Note: taller side walls will effect handling, load & cornering.
  18. What gear to change to?

You may also try getting a bigger/taller ( larger overall diameter ) rear wheel/tire combo ( not crazy large ) but 255/50/20 is 30 inch diam & turns 691 ( factory 235/75/15--29 inch & turns 716 ) this would lower the overall ratio & still give compliant ride. I have used Tire Rack sizing/spec...
  19. New ring gear?

I have done this before ( installing new diff or replacing open diff for posi ) and have not had a problem. If there is not a lot of wear you should be fine. If you know someone in your area, get a second opinion on pinion & ring gear condition.