• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. OneGoofyGuy

Trans whining?

What would make your transmission whine? It sounds like how the power steering whines. I’ve never heard of it before. Help me out here please
  2. OneGoofyGuy

Wanted Old Camper Top?

Anyone got a camper top they wanna get rid of? Kinda like mine looking for someone else lmk what you got!
  3. OneGoofyGuy

What could it be?

1991 Ford Ranger 5 speed 2.9l It has a new fuel pump fuel filter but the fuel pressure was low. It’s supposed to be 30-40psi what else could it be? Probably something I’m looking over.
  4. OneGoofyGuy

New problem. Not surprised.

1989 Ford Ranger XLT swapped to a 4.0l with a FM146 Will not go into gear. I tried to put it in first, hold the clutch, then crank it, but it's like the clutch isn't engaged. It'll pull the truck forward like the clutch isn't held down.
  5. OneGoofyGuy

Quicc help

1989 Ford Ranger XLT 4wd swapped to a 4.0l All I had left to do was bleed my clutch and drive it. But some things come up and I hadn't touched the thing in a week or two. I got me a new battery thinking that was the problem but it's something else. Whenever I go to turn over it just clicks at...
  6. OneGoofyGuy

clutch line

So here's the deal The only thing stopping me driving my truck is my clutch it's not connected to the trans. I probably would have already replaced the slave cylinder and the clutch line but I don't have the funds for that so this is my money saver. My clutch line is cut in 2 its a very hard...
  7. OneGoofyGuy

My Brother's 2.9

My brother just got a good looking 2nd gen ranger with a 2.9. It's a good daily driver says the guy he bought it from. What mods would be great for a 4wd? Let me know much is appreciated. I know PJ should be the first one lol
  8. OneGoofyGuy

Wanted Any 1st gens around?

Any first gyms around Georgia? Posting this for someone else he's looking for a 4wd ranger. Says he would like it to be 1st Gen or 2nd Gen. Preferably four-wheel drive in the floor, Manual trans, possibly a good body. Coming from me that would be a gem to find in a coal mine. Much Appreciated.
  9. OneGoofyGuy

Fuel Problems 4.0

My 1989 Ford Ranger 4.0 needed a new fuel pump and while I was down there I replaced the fuel filter. The only time that it will start is if I remove the air duct and I spray gas into the throttle body. I've checked the pressure and it ran about 35-40 psi which is normal? This motor came from a...
  10. OneGoofyGuy

What size axle for 351w?

I'm gathering parts for my future project. I know a Ford 9" would be enough but just in case what else would be beefy enough for the 351 Windsor? Ideas or anything else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  11. OneGoofyGuy

Wanted Ford Ranger Splash

I'm looking for a good body doesn't have to be pristine but still looks good. I'd like it to be a stepside. Color doesn't matter. Must be 2wd. Flare side is what I'm looking for. *2nd Gen.* Plans are to make it a sleeper. Appreciate it.
  12. OneGoofyGuy

Why isn't this on this forum?!

I was poking around looking for a rear window swap from a donor for my 1989 ranger and I found this!!! It's called a Breezer window. Pops out or you can vent it this would be a gnarly set up with a sunroof ✌🏻 https://breezerwindows.com/product/ford/
  13. OneGoofyGuy

Rewiring inertia switch?

1989 Ford Ranger XLT 4wd swapped from 2.9 to 4.0 When I bought this truck there was some wires torn and eaten on the passenger side floor board. I figured that I can get another inertia switch and rewire it to the original harness. The thing is I don't have a clue what it's going to and how to...
  14. OneGoofyGuy

Tilted back?

I bought this 1989 Ford Ranger that came with this 4.0 v6 with the manual transmission and transfer case in the cab. On the top right of the picture you can see that the air intake is touching the firewall, on the left half of the picture you can see that it's like it's tilted back. I think the...
  15. OneGoofyGuy

What to do?

I bought a 1989 Ford Ranger XLT 4wd Manual from an old timer. He said that there's a ohv 4.0 under the hood, and the tranny that's sitting in the cab would hook up to it perfectly. All that he did was sit it under the hood and left it there. He didn't say anything about a engine swap from a 2.9...
  16. OneGoofyGuy

Yo wassup I'm LaBron

I bought a 1989 Ford Ranger XLT 4wd Manual from an old timer. He said that there's a ohv 4.0 under the hood, and the tranny that's sitting in the cab would hook up to it perfectly. All that he did was sit it under the hood and left it there. He didn't say anything about a engine swap from a 2.9...