• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dvdswan

Clunk in drivetrain...

So the 02 Explorer with auto 4WD has a slight clunk in the drivetrain. I've only noticed it at slow speeds 25 and lower, it kind of sounds like the drive line is catching up with itself and the clunk would be in the t/case or if shifted your t/case in low and then the trans in drive and the...
  2. dvdswan

Screaming Deal

89 Ford Ranger needs tie rod - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
  3. dvdswan

What is the purpose?

I picked up a new radiator cap and noticed... The new one is a RS-90 and the old one is a RS-77. The difference is the RS-90 is 16 psi and the RS-77 is 13 psi. So what is the purpose of having different PSI ratings on the cap? I do know that the higher the PSI the hotter the temp takes the...
  4. dvdswan

So Birthday came and went...

My son thought it would be cool to have one of these and wasn't sure if he'd like it. So he got dad one... Its actually pretty cool, battery last a long time, and its upgradeable. It even looks like a 1st gen. True 4wd, lockers front/rear, 4-link front/rear, not a selectable t/case but this...
  5. dvdswan

91 3.0 overheating... I thought I fixed it. Advice from the Gurus please....

Quick story, I bought the truck with a new water pump installed already. Vehicle got hot on me (very end of the normal range) in traffic, as soon as traffic started moving temp gage went down below 1/2 gage. I checked the fan clutch which was bad, it would spin freely easily when hot or cold...
  6. dvdswan

Perfect sleeper available for FREE...

free ford fairmont 2 door no title - free stuff (craigslist.org)
  7. dvdswan

Nice shape F250...

Definitely worth saving... '74 Ford F250 4x4 Highboy - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
  8. dvdswan

Great for a SWAP

92 Ford Explorer - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org) V8 runs and drives...
  9. dvdswan

Facebook project...

Marketplace - 1991 Ford Ranger · STX Pickup 2D 6 ft | Facebook Marketplace - 1983 Ford Ranger · Pickup 2D | Facebook another one needs saving... 83 4WD Ranger Explorer with dual tanks
  10. dvdswan

Got the wife something better...

Well the Buick was a nice vehicle but she wanted to get another SUV. So we picked up a 2002 Explorer XLT 4WD. Nice and clean and low mileage. No fog lights which is a bummer, and the wiring is not there either. I notice that there are lights under the mirrors and the dr. side is burned out...
  11. dvdswan

Thar she blows....

Well, actually misty spits. I pulled into my driveway today and parked when steam started to come out from under the hood. Shut the truck off, popped the hood and saw coolant everywhere on the front half of the engine bay. The culprit looks to be one of the heater hoses has a split and sprays...
  12. dvdswan

Rear brakes lock up when cold only

As stated, when the vehicle sits for a while (overnight or long enough to cool the shoes down to ambient temperature) and moving under 20 mph I start to apply the brakes and the rear locks up. After warming up they will not lock up no matter how hard you try. I haven't pull the drums off yet...
  13. dvdswan

Overheating... 91 3.0l

So before you say that its normal I'm throwing the red flag up. 91 3.0L, auto, The truck hasn't done this before but I got stuck in Seattle traffic on I-5 this afternoon stop/go for just under 20 miles taking 2 hours. Temp gauge normally hangs out just below the "N" in normal. While in...
  14. dvdswan

89-92 Headlights?

I was curious as to what people have done to make their headlights better/brighter? I've been searching the net for LEDs and I'm curious if the 91-94 Explorer headlight assemblies are bolt in or not? I'm think of something like these... Thoughts...
  15. dvdswan

Ranger Stepside?

I've always love the look of stepsides. The last truck I had for a DD was a 78 K10 stepside. I know the 93 and newer had stepsides but always wondered about the 1st gens. I found the Ranger Shadow.... I've read they only made 15 of these, is that true? Was this an option or just a taste...
  16. dvdswan

89-92 Front valance with fog lighs

Was this an option from Ford for these trucks or aftermarket?
  17. dvdswan

Side mirrors

Did Ford ever put larger folding mirrors from the factory. Similar to this...
  18. dvdswan

Where my time and money go, when I have it.

Well quick back ground for this ongoing project. Due to work, time and money it has been sitting for (cough, cough) 5 years now. I figure I need about 30-40 hours to finish and get it started, another 10-15 hours for all the little things not drive wise. I bought the 96 Nissan D21 4wd in 02...
  19. dvdswan

Headliner wet across front.

Ok Ranger Gurus. My headliner is wet at both front corners. Is this a common problem over time? Is this a poor windshield install? Or a poor install of the windshield top molding? Is the top windshield molding glued in with the windshield adhesive? The molding looks perfectly flat against...
  20. dvdswan

Hello from PNW

Hello all. I'm Dave. Just purchased a 91 2WD XLT long bed for a DD. Looks to be a nice solid truck with only minor dings and 109k on the clock and unmolested. I'll post some pics shortly. I'm no stranger to turning a wrench and 90% of the vehicles I've owned have been 4WD so this truck is a...