• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '99 Mazda B2500 charcoal canister replacement: tips and cautionary advice welcome

Got my parts in today and pulled the filler neck. I looked at it with a borescope before ordering and didn't see anything but figured it was due for replacing. Lifted the bed, still didn't see anything. Thought about leaving it and looking elsewhere but since I had the hose already I decided to...
  2. Opinions on vinyl floor?

A stray cat got inside my truck earlier this year and sprayed the passenger seat. The seat had a cover I removed and tossed, then I doused the seat and floor with cleaner designed for cat urine. Everything was fine, until we had a huge rainstorm about a week ago, something leaked and the...
  3. '99 Mazda B2500 charcoal canister replacement: tips and cautionary advice welcome

Have you checked the fuel filler neck hose for cracks? That's a very common cause for the pump kicking off. Gas pump handles have a mechanism that senses displaced air flowing out of the tank as gas goes in. Usually once the gas reaches the top of the tank, the air flow stops and the pump cuts...
  4. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Fuel pump is located in the center of the tank. It sounds like either the hoses, fittings or the pump has started to leak. You will have to lift the bed to look. Plan on replacing the filler neck, vapor vent valve and the seal around it while you are under there. The fuel neck hose is prone to...
  5. Part number for fuel filler neck vent hose?

I need to replace the fuel filler neck outer (vent) hose on my 1995 B2300. It's got the extended cab 6 foot styleside bed. From what I've heard the cheap ones don't hold up to gasoline and crack within a year or two. Supposedly the hoses from Filler Neck Supply Co. are better, but they're out...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Estimate check for oil pump replacement on 1995 2.3L

I bought an inspection camera and had a look so I thought I would update. It turned out the shop was correct and the o-ring on the oil pump failed. It blew out the top and the leak was getting progressively worse at a rapid rate. I ran the engine for about 10 minutes while I was looking at it...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Estimate check for oil pump replacement on 1995 2.3L

Here are photos of the oil leak in progress. This starts after the engine has been running around 5-8 minutes. After it started running the first time I shut the engine off and dried it with MAF sensor cleaner. The camshaft position sensor is right there and I didn't want to use anything that...
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Estimate check for oil pump replacement on 1995 2.3L

Definitely not coming from the crankshaft seal. It's coming from the left side at least midway up. The amount of oil coming out and the rate makes me think it must be coming from somewhere that has pressure. There was literally a line of oil running down the side of the block. I've got some Gunk...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Estimate check for oil pump replacement on 1995 2.3L

I was able to find these diagrams on another forum so it looks like the part in the first pic is the pump. The line of oil came from the top and was running down near the back. Here's a pump from the same angle. It looks like the part that sticks out of the aux hole on mine is clean so the...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Estimate check for oil pump replacement on 1995 2.3L

Thanks for the responses. On 1995 and up 2.3L the oil pump is a round assembly that slots directly into the aux shaft hole. It doesn't sit in the oil pan like older Rangers. The leak is definitely coming from behind the timing cover but you can't see much without taking the cover off. They did...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Estimate check for oil pump replacement on 1995 2.3L

About two months ago I had a lot of engine work done on my 2WD manual B2300 because the front and rear main seals were leaking bad. The oil had gotten very low, to the point the dipstick was dry on the last oil change. I live in an apartment and park it in a different spot every day so it's...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) '97 2.3 Oil leak/burning issue

Replacing the rear main is a huge job, especially if your truck does not have 4WD. Requires pulling the engine or dropping the transmission as I recall. When you do that you might as well replace the clutch and the oil pan gasket at the same time. You want to look at the oil burning issue first...
  13. Removing interior trim panels to access factory amp on 1995 B230

I have a 1995 B2300 SE extended cab that came with the "premium sound" and the factory amp has gone bad. I assume the interior is identical to the Ranger. I'm going to be tackling it myself and I know the usual install location is below the passenger side rear window above the jump seat. I plan...
  14. 1995 B2300 ignition problem

Owned this truck for about two years now. It has a manual transmission. Recently it doesn't always start when I turn the ignition knob. The lights on the dash come on when the knob passes the first click, but when it reaches the start position nothing happens. No crank, no clicking from the...
  15. Am I getting the right wiring harness?

I have a 1995 B2300 with a cassette deck and a manual trans. What idiot at Ford thought right behind the gear shift knob was the perfect spot to stick the cigarette lighter? Every time I shift in or out of first I run the risk of busting my knuckles on the power adapter for my phone or catching...
  16. Oil leak bad news

I recently got my 1995 2WD B2300 from my parents. They've had it for about two years, and bought it from a family friend. Not sure how long he had it, but he gave them some of the repair records and I do know the clutch was replaced three or four years back. The truck has been leaking oil for...
  17. Mazda B2300... Maybe

Hi Ranger folks! My parents recently bought another vehicle and have offered to give me their old '95 B2300 if I want it. It's a 2WD extended-cab 2.3L 4-banger with a manual transmission and about 140K on the odo. They don't know much about vehicles and live about 500 miles away so it will be a...