• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Seafoam

Thanks for your response. I'm having a cylinder 3 misfire. I've tried everything possible to fix it. I figured I might try the seafoam thinking maybe carbon build-up on the.piston or valves.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Seafoam

I just wanted to get some opinions on using seafoam in the crankcase. Mainly if it's safe and does it work. I have a 97 with 198,000 miles.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Wiper motor removal

Thanks for the info. I will give it another try with these instructions.
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Wiper motor removal

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me where I can find the instructions to remove the manifold? I've tried searching but I can't find anything for a 2.3 intake manifold removal.
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Wiper motor removal

I have a 97 Ranger 2.3 and I'm trying to remove the wiper motor so I can remove the rear bolt on the intake manifold in order to replace the fuel injectors. I removed the 4 bolts holding the motor in place but it just hangs there. I know there has to be some way to release it. Thanks in advance...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Egr valve & solenoid

Can anyone tell me how to test my Egr vacuum solenoid? It has a 2 wire connection and 2 vacuum ports. Also, was wondering if I could test the EGR valve without removing it? Thanks in advance.
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) ICM

Thanks for that info. Makes sense why I couldn't find it.
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) ICM

Can anyone tell me where the ignition control module is on a 97 2.3L? Thanks in advance.
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

I know. It's driving me crazy. I just checked the vacuum with a gauge and it is steady at 22 which is normal. I thought maybe a clogged cat. but the vacuum was steady during acceleration all in normal range. I'm going to get the temp. before and after the cat with an infrared thermometer and see...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

Well, I replaced the MAF and pcm and still no change. I've been monitoring the live data on my scan tool and it seems to smooth out and drive ok when it reaches 150-160 degrees. I have no idea what to do next. I will keep searching.
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

Well, here's the results from shop #2 findings. Mechanic said I had a fuel injector problem. I was skeptical about it because it runs fine after 5 minutes of driving. He said a bad injector would do that. He said the injectors had a lot of carbon build up. I had him change the injectors, plus...
  12. Repair shop honesty

Makes sense. Thanks for your reply.
  13. Repair shop honesty

I took my truck to a shop with an issue I'm having to be repaired. After 4 days they couldn't figure out the problem. I'm taking it to a different shop next week. Should I tell them the first shop couldn't figure out the problem?
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

The latest update: I picked my truck up from the shop yesterday. After 4 days, mechanic still couldn't find the problem. Suspects it's a vacuum leak or a computer issue. After 4 days I figured the problem would be resolved. He ran a diagnostics but still couldn't resolve the issue. I'm taking it...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

I took my truck to the shop today. They ran a diagnostics and said according to the fuel trims, the truck is running really lean. The mechanic suspected a vacuum leak but couldn't find any. He inspected the timing belt and said it could be stretched causing timing issues. He said it was frayed...
  16. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

I'm taking mine to the shop next week. I will definitely let you know what I find out.
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

Thanks for your response. My cat. Is about five years old. I got a cylinder 3 misfire code today. I was thinking maybe it's a fuel injector but it runs fine after warm up. I would think it would run like crap all the time if it was an injector. I am at a total loss now. I'm going to bite the...
  18. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rough idle/engine shake/stalling

Log inRegister Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read. 4-Cylinder Engines (1983-2011) Engine sputter/Shake/Stall I cannot figure out this sputter/stall issue. My truck is a 1997...