• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ryan

Coronavirus

My wife had severe pneumonia from it and my otherwise perfectly healthy daughter was almost hospitalized when her blood oxygen tanked. My case wasn't too bad, but there's still times when I can barely breathe randomly. My entire team at work got sick, one was hospitalized and another probably...
  2. ryan

Coronavirus

I've been working in essential industry the whole time during the course of the pandemic. I actually designed the protocols for that covered about 80k people. If you'd like to have actual discussions about COVID and the impact on people I'm happy to go down that route, but watching people talk...
  3. ryan

More Bronco hear say.

would be a really tough call between one and a JL for me. Pricing is really close
  4. ryan

My new house

More a question of how expensive would it be vs is it possible. Is it a straight shot to the sewer right now?
  5. ryan

Reviving my buggy

Would love to, but it's too far there and back
  6. ryan

Coronavirus

I spiked a fever after my first, and was pretty sick after my second. Fever, chills that night, very rough next day. I also have covid early on, so YMMV. 100% worth it to me, and I'd encourage everyone to get one.
  7. ryan

Reviving my buggy

Last night I got my fire extinguishers back on, mounted the ARB switches where they are, and finishing fueling it up. I'm as ready as I'm going to be for the weekend. After this trip, I need to take it to a fab shop for some tube work and other welding projects.
  8. ryan

Reviving my buggy

Yep, gas motor
  9. ryan

Reviving my buggy

I decided to hit the hood real quick with a couple coats just to try and get it looking a little less terrible. Got my mirrors back on as well. I need to create a loom to get back to the old ARB switch, but I think I'll probably wait until after this weekend. Since it's our anniversary Friday...
  10. ryan

Reviving my buggy

Today I fought my battle against corrosion and used steel it to paint most of the chassis that was easily reachable. It doesn't lay anything like usual spray paint, but worked out ok. Still need some touch up, but I'm very pleased even managed to fit it in the garage
  11. ryan

Reviving my buggy

My hood is fiberglass and has gotten beat up on a lot of trees and rocks over the past couple of years. I cut the fenders off the TJ style hood and zip tied it back up so hopefully it'll stop flapping in the wind on the trailer. Trying to knock quick stuff out like this during the week so that...
  12. ryan

Reviving my buggy

After sitting for such a long time, my battery was totally dead as was the fuel pump. Last weekend I put a new battery in and had a crank but no start. No power to the fuel pump at all. Good part was that is the one easily servicable part on the entire buggy. Ended up switching out all the...
  13. ryan

Reviving my buggy

The last time I had the buggy out was March 2020, the weekend before we locked down. My work life has been insane since then, and the buggy sat for an entire year. I'm taking it out for a Club ride/crawling comp in April so I have a fair bit to get done before then. Right now I'm trying to...
  14. ryan

Portable jump starters

the little ARB compressor doesn't work as well as those harbor freight ones for a tire. i snagged an open box dual compressor and that is a different animal
  15. ryan

Portable jump starters

I have an anker one in the wife's car that has worked well so far. she hasnt needed it but has let people use it before. also handy if you need a random cell charge. I went with the anker because it has good protective case and I trust the brand. All those amazon ones make me nervous. I had...
  16. ryan

My 94 Sport SAS

I totally misread your post, sorry! total brain fart. finding older ford stuff is getting rare
  17. ryan

My 94 Sport SAS

Should be able to run JK takeoffs then though, should get a screaming deal on people who are going from 37s to 40s/tons.
  18. ryan

My 94 Sport SAS

are the axles 5 lug or 8 lug? Feel like I've seen a lot of great deals for 8x6.5 sets lately, might be hard to find with something less than a 40" tire though
  19. ryan

Ever bought a mattress online?

We got one for our kid from Amazon and like it enough that we've gotten two more since. They're surprisingly comfortable - would be perfect for what you're looking for. I wouldnt want to sleep in it every day because they're not great if you're over 200lbs. One night as a guest would be no...