• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

I'm kind of slow in the head so sorry I'm not that great at understanding stuff when I read it. I think I just don't understand how to weld up the ripples in the crumple zone and that stuff.
  2. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

Looks like fun, hopefully my truck will be like that one day.
  3. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

So fill each hole with some 3/8 plate?
  4. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

Sweet rigs. Basically all I have to do is figure out yokes for the transfer case and how to mount the front leafs, otherwise it's pretty easy? https://www.therangerstation.com/ford78s-1999-ford-ranger-sas-4x4/ I also found this which he would be running similar tire size. I just have to read...
  5. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

And what axles are you running?
  6. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

How do you have your front axle mounted on the truck?
  7. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

Yeah figuring out the pack is the biggest problem I can't figure out. Since superduty axles have far bigger u joints than anything the ranger has. Would I have to get a completely different case or would I be able to get bigger yokes for the case so that I could run the same size u joints as...
  8. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

I guess more of the modifications would have to happen to the transfer case, I said the wrong thing In the previous post.
  9. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

Is there any transmission modifications anyone recommends doing prior to doing that, or do you think it'll hold up fine as long as I get some custom driveshafts.
  10. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

Awesome, the ones I can get are 03 or 04 I believe. The biggest problem for me is trying to figure out how I will make the front leaf mounts. https://midwestnomads.com/garage-projects/the-lone-ranger-1994-ford-ranger/ I came across this blog where he put front leads on his rig but there isn't...
  11. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

I'd probably stick to around stock power, my truck has the 4.0 ohv so it's real slow, maybe eventually put a 305 or a 351 but I'm more focused on drive train right now. I was thinking maybe sticking a c5 tranny in it but I don't know what I'd run in it, I currently have an a4ld though, not sure...
  12. LazyTurtle

Superduty axles

Hello I was scanning my local offerup and noticed that there are a set of superduty axles out of an 01 truck. I assume they are a sterling 10.5 rear and a dana 60 front, but I'm not entirely sure if the front is a dana 60 since they did put the 50s on the trucks aswell. Could anyone tell me...
  13. LazyTurtle

A4LD to M5OD swap

I'll have to figure all that out, right now I've started to think that I kind of just want a full size rig as a daily. I have no problem having a truck that's built for wheeling being my daily, the only problem is having it inoperable while I'm working on it.
  14. LazyTurtle

What Are You Listening To???

I got two for you right here. Not Dwight or Buck but something a bit older. There's Waylon, Hank, Willie, Kris, Cash, and George Jones.
  15. LazyTurtle

What Are You Listening To???

It seems like theres a lot of rock in here so I thought I'd throw some of my favorite country in here, Dwight Yoakam is one of my favorites.
  16. LazyTurtle

Trail Gear Rock Sliders

Oh also a side note that I forgot to add is that i had to cut a bit right off of where the fender mounts up to the body to get the fitment I wanted on them. I can also get a picture of how they are mounted on the frame if anyone would like those pictures, I know there isn't many photos of how...
  17. LazyTurtle

A4LD to M5OD swap

Oh seems pretty easy, I was wondering if you guys think I should get a junkyard or get a rebuilt one from Jasper?
  18. LazyTurtle

Trail Gear Rock Sliders

This is how they fit, I really like they look
  19. LazyTurtle

A4LD to M5OD swap

It sounds like I've got a lot more research to do. Do you guys think there is just a spot to mount up the clutch pedal on that bracket?
  20. LazyTurtle

Trail Gear Rock Sliders

I was thinking the step tubes would push against some of the lower rocks we have around here and not do much about the trees but those are easy to navigate anyway, I just did them level to have some rocker protection and a pivot point around shorter obstacles. I don't have a picture of them...