• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Power Steering Question

. To the best of my alleged knowledge, the only thing that could affect the amount of required or perceived steering assist (greater or lesser), other than alignment, is the "yield strength" of the little torsion bar in the hydraulic valve located in the gear box.......something that's obviously...
  2. Power Steering Question

. I've been pretty-much a life-long professional mechanic (incl 20 years w/Ford, prior to retirement), with only a few brief "detours" for other professions, but I've never been an alignment tech. From my trade-school training, however, I recall that (assuming equal tire inflation) a vehicle...
  3. Wanted Rear Axle Cover, 7.5, With Drain and Fill Plug

The only 7.5 diff covers that I'm aware of with fill and drain plugs ARE the "super duper" (girdle-style) covers, Grumpaw. . But.......if you don't need the added strength of a girdle-cover, I'm sure you don't need to be told that there's already a fill hole at the front of the pumpkin casting...
  4. Trade My P/S Parts = Your Manual Steering Box

. (Many of y'all know me from TurboFord....and this ad is also posted there) As the title says, I'm looking for a good manual steering box for my '87 2WD Ranger. I'm putting the old girl on a diet and I'm trading a few pounds of ugly fat for increased steering effort by converting from the OE...
  5. What’s it worth!! Need answers ASAP

. Pick-n-Pull would probably pay $700-1K and pick it up to boot. Soooo.......IMHO, anything less than that would be a good deal! . Sounds like a cool project!! .
  6. 92 3.0 5sp trans locked up?

. Have you determined for sure that it's the trans - and not the diff - that's causing the prob? Since the dr/shaft has to be removed or at least disconnected to fix either.....I suggest disconnecting it, as RonD recommended ~ which requires a 12-point 12mm socket or box wrench. Obviously, if...
  7. Wanted Ranger Manual Steering Gear (Box)

. No takers, eh? I would've thought at least one "base" Ranger owner on TRS with manual steering would be interested in upgrading to P/S for relatively-little cost. .
  8. Wanted Ranger Manual Steering Gear (Box)

. (Many of y'all know me from TurboFord....and this ad is also posted there) As the title says, I'm looking for a good manual steering box for my '87 2WD Ranger. I'm putting the old girl on a diet and I'm trading a few pounds of ugly fat for increased steering effort by converting from the OE...
  9. OEM Auxiliary/Rear Gas Tank?

. Hi all - Not sure if this is the right place to post this, BUT.......other than a J/Y, does anyone know where a "rear"/aux fuel tank (preferably EFI) from a 1st-gen dual-tank Ranger can be sourced? The straps would be helpful also. TIA! C'ya - RAY